Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BD3 - Bradford

bengildea
4: Newbie

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

It happens in both BD3 and BD1 about a half mile from eachother, when I return home to BD11 everyting is ok

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

BD3 9QP 

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

This issue only started in April when i upgraded my phone, it worked fine in my old phone and still does.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Very slow internet, unable to stream any video, sometimes no internet at all even though I am constantly showing FULL 4G signal . Calls and texts are fine.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

4G only

6) When did you first notice this issue?

When I upgraded late april, internet has been very unstable since.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Always at work in office hours 8.30 - 5.30, I am not here any other time to check.

4 REPLIES 4

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bengildea I've checked your local serving site (34910) and it's performing correctly.

As you've mentioned this has started since you upgraded, this could be:

- The phone you've upgraded to doesn't gain as strong a signal as the other

- The new device may be faulty, in which case please see our repairs page

I can you've said this only happens on 4G - have you double checked your device settings to see if 4G is enabled?

It may also be worth dropping our team a message on Live Chat to check if 4G is activated on your account, before viewing the repairs page. 

Hello thanks for you reply.

As i type, everything is working OK, the problem seems very intermittant and i'm very confident it will come back today (usually around lunchtime when i like to play a game that requires the internet),  but when it does become a problem, the internet it pretty much unusable.

I upgraded to a Google Pixel XL through Carphone Warehouse, it constantly says 4G next to the signal bar which is always between 3/4 and Full. 4G is definately set as my preferred connection.

I'm pretty sure the phone is not faulty as it works perfectly everywhere else.

I may try the live chat when the problem reoccurs, maybe then you can see it in action.

PedroC1999
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Your serving site is quite tall and serves a large area so its data traffic is likely to be significant due to the very rapid 4G penetration increase in the UK. Try disabling 4G on your device because 3G load may well be almost non existsent resulting in significantly higher speeds until an LTE capacity add occurs.

Alex-could you look into the site's busy hour 4G average data session throughput?

So the problem has returned again, no internet on 4G, Switched to 3G as suggested and all is working again....for now.