Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blackberry Q10 filtering spam

pinklionschild
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since upgrading my Blackberry Q10 to 10.3.1.1565 I am receiving masses of spam email, when I used to receive almost none. Is there an email spam filter I can turn on to control this ?

5 REPLIES 5

MrDJ
5: Helper

which email? hotmail, yahoo, outlook, gmail or other.

also are the spam emails going into your in box on your computer as well or are they still being sent to the spam folder.

Hi

Thanks for replying.

My email is BTIntenet (Bt Yahoo! Mail)

On my computer, thet are automatically going into the spam folder. It is just on my Blackberry that thet are appearing, if I look at my Blackberry before I have looked at my PC.

ive got a BT yahoo account but never used it before so will check the email tonight and also check my Q10 as i had to buy a full price passport out of my own pocket for my hospital job as the Q10 was totally unreliable since the update.

it has to be the worst OS they have ever released.

not that its rubbish as it is quite a nice setup but it needs to work for it to be liked.

i know phones can do everything except make a cup of tea but the main use is to make and receive phone calls which could not be heard after the update.

we are still waiting for vodafone to push the latest released 4 days ago out.

Thanks again for your reply. Since my 10.3.1 update a couple of weeks ago I also found problems with no longer being able to link to Blackberry Link, not being able to adjust the settings in Notifications, and not being able to add any new Contacts. I really hope Vodafone send out the updated release soon so that I can see if it resolves any of these problems. My current contract with Vodafone finishes in April, so I may well have to have a rethink Vodafone and Blackberry after that!

However, it is the email spam that's particularly driving me mad at the moment, so if you do discover anything, I'd be glad to hear from you. Thanks

found out the old spam filter was on sent from rim and is not included in OS updates.

have a look at this free one https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/59945460/?countrycode=US&lang=en