Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't log in to My Vodafone on web

zsoltl
2: Seeker
Hi,

I had a pay as you go SIM and registered an account on My Vodafone.
Later I switched to pay monthly (SIM-only deal). I got a new phone number immediately but I wanted to keep my old one (who the hell would drop a phone number that my contacts know already for a new one that I don't even want to memorise again).
They said there's no problem, it will be sorted in a 48 hours. Well, it happened (although slightly later) and I was glad... Until I tried to log in to My Vodafone. My account details were right, I got a message I've never seen before.

First I called 191 and tried to explain the issue. The lady told me I should create a new account. I said alright, thanked her help and tried to create a new one. Then I got a completely new error message again.

After this I went to a Vodafone shop where I explained the story. The guy clicked something on a computer and told me that I'll be able to register a new account soon.

This happened more than a month ago. Unfortunately I still can't log in and can't create a new account with my details.

In a nutshell again: I had PAYG account. Switched to pay monthly. Kept the old number! I can't log in to My Vodafone anymore and can't register new account.

The error message I get if I try to log in:

"Protecting Your Identity

Sorry, you can't log in

We'll need to send you a security code so
you can do this, but you'll need to provide
us with a phone number first. Please call
us:"
etc.

When I tried to register, I sent my phone number, got a text with a key, sent that key, sent my name and my PIN I set when I signed the contract for the pay monthly stuff. The system verified me but when I filled the next form (email address, username, password, etc) and submitted the data I got this message:

"Sorry, there seems to be a problem

We're working hard to fix the issue, so
please try again later.: 494, FMW_30_0001 -
[1g1]"

I tried it so many times for a long time...

How can I log in or create a new account that actually works?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

I can see why you'd be unimpressed and frustrated at this. 

Can customer service not create an account for you. I'd certainly ask the question. 

Does your myvodafone app work ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers

Hi

I can see why you'd be unimpressed and frustrated at this. 

Can customer service not create an account for you. I'd certainly ask the question. 

Does your myvodafone app work ?

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @zsoltl

When you open the new account for your ported PAYG number for pay monthly, this has to be done using fresh information from the original PAYG account.

This is going to mean an alternative user name, password and most likely, email address, you can't use any details associated with the previous PAYG account.

When you have opened the new account, the My Vodafone application should follow.

Any problems opening the new account with the fresh informaton, there is no reason for Live Chat being unable to help and find the reason for the issues.

zsoltl
There were a couple of services and settings I was able to configure on the web but I can't find them in Vodafone app. Eg. calling foreign numbers, turning off adult bar, etc.
I can see a few settings (not these 2 above) in the app but it asks the My Vodafone account again. The app is pretty useless compared to the web UI.

I'll ask them whether they can create a new one for me.

zsoltl
Hm, thanks, I didn't think about using a different email. Fortunately I have another address - for untrusted registrations and possible spams. :Smiling: I'll give it a try, thank you!

zsoltl
No... It doesn't work with a different email address. I get the same "Sorry, there seems to be a problem" message. It's funny that I got a text that my account details have been updated.

zsoltl
Awesome, all sorted, I got a new account via Vodafone Chat. :Smiling:

BandOfBrothers

Good to hear Live Chat resolved this for you.  :Smiling:

Current Phone  >