Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Customer service

charles794
2: Seeker

I ordered an Iphone 6plus over a week ago and recently found after being told it would only take 3 week at maximum that the likely order date will be November 6-20th. I then contacted Vodafone to check this which I was then required to wait 25 minutes for a call back. After finally being put through I spoke to a woman who had the least interest in anything that was going on she did not seem to want to help or even sympathise with me. She even at one point basically told me to just leave Vodafone and should she start the cancelation process on my contract. After being a loyal customer over the last 3 phones I have had I thought I would have received a better treatment than this. This is coming after a series of wrong doing with Vodafone and I am genially considering leaving and cancelling my contract after this deplorable behaviour from the customer services.  

Charles

24 REPLIES 24

The thing I am most dissatisfied with is that Vodafone will only go to 6 weeks of compensation any more and they will not give you more. Also the fact that I am paying for a phone that I do not have as my contract starts this month when I was originally told my phone would be here before then. Adding to that the compensation gets put on to my account in February I think it should be taken off my bill. Really losing my faith in Vodafone especially when the lady on the end of the phone was trying to convince me to leave rather than stay.

I won't say that I was encouraged to leave but the representative did not give me any better options. The statement from his mouth was based on this being a problem that everyone has. Changing provider would not make any difference in his opinion. 

I thought that I would check this theory so I went to another providers site and they are claiming that the 6+ SG 128GB variant is avaiable from stock. Now they could be lying but what are you supposed to believe?

I know that everyone in the mobile comms world has underestimated the popularity of this device but I still cannot understand why the flow of information is so poor. I work in a manufacturing business and whilst we cannot always offer ex-stock deliveries we can always provide an expected lead-time.

I am now considering my options very carefully as the other provider is offering a better deal with regards to data and up-fornt cost for the handset. I dont really want to leave but what can you do?

Yes exactly I had a look around at other deals but Vodafone were doing one of the best. Yes that's also true you never quite know often you seem to get told one thing when another has happened.

I just cant understand how people think these wont be popular this happens year after year its almost like they want that to happen.

Yes once again that is also true I cant understand why the flow of information is so poor.

There isn't much you can do we are often just given the price and thereis nothing you can do about it.

If its an Apple problem, how does it explain Carphone Warehouse being able to order and supply in 24-48 from their 'supplier'

Surely Apple supplies all iPhones?

Unless of course VF are getting them from the scalpers hence the higher cost

OC
I think you have to bear in mind that Apple themselves seem to be suffering from a shortage of 6+ devices (seems they didn't anticipate this much demand for it) and as such the networks are suffering. Whilst it is frustrating, you have to realise it's hard for any network to anticipate when Apple will throw stock at them. There is a queue system, and you will be in line for when it is available but it is a waiting game. Space grey seems to be the most delayed as well.

Ecept I have spoken to apple and they are saying that Vodafone didnt order enough phones in the first place. Both companys are blaming each other but Vodafone is the only one slightly compensating for it.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@charles794 wrote:

Ecept I have spoken to apple and they are saying that Vodafone didnt order enough phones in the first place. Both companys are blaming each other but Vodafone is the only one slightly compensating for it.

This wouldn't be the first time that Apple have tried to blame everyone else.  I would be more inclined to believe that Apple aren't supplying enough phones for the simple reason being is this happens every time they launch a device and the situation isn't unique to Vodafone or the UK - it happens everywhere. 

PWIAC

Yes that is true apple are very good at doing that. I just think the way that Vodafone seem to be handling my issue hasn't helped in any sense.

OC
What you should bear in mind though is this happens with every network provider and as far as I know Vodafone are the only ones who'll offer you compensation while you wait. That is worth noting.

Samjudd82
4: Newbie
Ordered iphone 6 plus 64gb in gold through carphone warehouse at 6pm this evening....

It is being delivered tommorrow and I have full tracking info already. so how can it be apples problem? Vodafone have messed up just need to put there hands up and admit it!!