Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC DESIRE 510 STOCK

jplay444
2: Seeker

Hello 

today i had a update randomly come up again it's an update from some time ago and eventually i attempted an update with it today and it got to 95% and said (ERROR)

then it restarted my phone, and now it show's HTC Desire, logo then it reboot's i cant turn the phone on only POWER + DOWN to get onto Fastboot rubbish, 

i spoke to HTC Team today and they told me i have to contact the Carrier that's you guys, they told me to request the Stock Firmware from you guys.....

BOOT.img/Recovery.img/ and whatever else i need to reFLASH onto my phone to be able to fix it.

HTC also gave me a GUIDE to work with... and STATED to me to get the Software from you guys...

i have been told to contact them back ONCE! i have Attempted an Attempt to Reflash the Phone...

12 REPLIES 12

jplay444

the vodafone Staff agent i spoke to was Nheha and there id is 1-2HQ73LK

drey_p
16: Advanced member
Hi there

Vodafone won't provide you with the firmware.  You can however download it from places like XDA Developers as both they have stock firmware.

PWIAC

that's not what Support Was Saying To Me Urlya On, This Is a phone Purchased FROM! Vodafone, There Entitled To Sort It DUE to It Being Like This Since I Tried To Update That Came Up... 

So If They Can't Provide Me With The Required Content, Then They Can Simple Replace The Phone, Due To It Being Covered Still.

this is the same as what my phone doe's 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m70BCCHG6yQ

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi jplay444

A warm welcome to the eForum.

Im sorry to learn your having issues with your phone.

If a Hard Reset does not help them I would suggest either asking Vodafone to send the phone off to their 3rd party repair centre or what I'd recommend is to ask HTC UK Support to help you as they know their hardware and software better. http://www.htc.com/uk/support/

All vodaphone do is hold back a manufacturers firmware to test it to ensure any new features etc do not clash with their network for network branded phones.

HTC Desire 510 hard reset using buttons

Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset
Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons

The Fast boot option in Settings > Power must not be selected
If you can’t turn HTC Desire 510 Android phone on

1. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
2. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button. All data will be lost!
Restores your phone to its original state.

HTC Desire 510 hard reset from the menu

Performing a factory reset from settings
1. Go to Settings, and then tap Backup & reset.
2. Tap Reset phone.
3. If you want to delete media, documents, and other data from the phone storage, select Erase all data.
To also delete media and other data from your storage card, select Erase SD card.
4. Tap OK.

HTC Desire 510 soft reset

If HTC Desire 510 does not respond when you touch the screen or press the buttons, you can still restart it.
Press and hold the POWER button for at least 10 seconds, and then release it. HTC Desire 510 then restarts.

I hope this resolves for you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello

Thank you for the welcome.

i cannot do any reset's what do every, on the menu every option i choose ((Recovery, Factory Reset)) Instantly Just Goes to (RESTART), If I Click Anything It Restarts.. It's Like The Update Removed The OS Completely.

I Can See The HTC Logo, But I Can't Actually Do Anything More. I Can Use (FASTBOOT) That's Literally It..

I Have Spoken To HTC, They Told me i have to speak with you guys and request the Firmware files to Manually Reflash the Phone, They Gave Me a Doc To Follow Once I Have The Files.

The File's They Told Me To Get Are..

boot.img

hboot_signedbyaa.img

recovery.img

They Then Told Me To Use Fastboot Following This Guild To Install The Firmware Back On There Phone, They Stated The Update Could Have Been Outdated Causing It To Clash, Or It Could Be Because An App I Had.. Or Memory Issue, Because I Had Low Memory And The Update Automatically Started I Couldn't Stop It. So what I Think It's Done Is Only Replaced Half Of The Updated Files. And Not Fully Done The Rest, However I Have A Chat I Will Image Below, That VODAFONE! Stated I Will Get the File's Once Spoken To Support.

Image http://prntscr.com/7o8cvd

, HTC , Told Me (Vodafone Will Have To Supply You With The File's Due To 'HTC' Don't Have Vodafone HTC Desire 510 Files. They Said Vodafone Are The Only One With Them And They said About Me Messaging VODAFONE! To Retreve The Files. However The Message above Is Really Offputting, I Am Going To Need To Take Thing's Further, Due To My Phone Being Under Warrenty Still. And No Help Being Given... This Phone Is Branded With Vodafone So Im 100% Sure They Have The File's I Was Told To Ask For.... 

I Have To ReFlash The File's to THe Phone, Subtracting The Methoding Of The update. In Response.

drey_p
Please take a look a my previous post as it tells you how to get the firmware for your device. You'll be up and running in no time. Vodafone won't be able to help you with this as they don't simply provide firmware, you'd have to send the device off for repair.

PWIAC

Hello dre_p

I Have Read your post however i have looked already spent all day looking and cannot find the firmware, could you please link me to the required firmware?

as i cant find it anywhere.