cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help...I am waiting on a refund of £8985.85 - for 3 months!

Moody
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I need some help. I have been trying to get a refund on my corporate account for a billing error that was direct debited. I have spent over 7hrs of multiple calls, emails, webchats with Customer Relations - the highest possible level  (apparantly) and I have still not been able to resolve my problem.  

Today I have just spent an hour on the phone with Charlie and his manager Barry - now they are referring me back to Customer Services. None of them can understand why the payment hasnt been made. 

Last week I have submitted a formal complaint via email - and no response. I have also contacted the Ombudsmen and will work this channel. 

If anyone knows a contact for the person that makes payments at Vodafone - I would appreciate a contact and to undertand why our money has not been returned. 

Thanks,

Moody

Initial Web Chat 5 Sep 2017:

Abhinav B: I have got this checked for you and escalated this to our higher management.

Abhinav B: I can see that you have been incorrectly charged £8985.85.

Abhinav B: This will be refunded back to your bank account in 10 working days

My Contact Logs: 

Date

Operator

Contact Method

Outcome

05/09/2017

Abhinav B

Web Chat

Refund for error due of £8985.85 as per web chat

03/10/2017

Jodie

Business Help Phone

Leakage form filled. 3-5 Days to process refund into bank account. 

25/10/2017

Dawn Slater

Business Customer Relations

Full investigation, Speak to manager, compensation requested

30/10/2017

Lawrence

Business Help Phone

Will check with his manager

30/10/2017

Lisa [Removed]

Business Help Phone

Will check with her manager and call back - no call back. Credit was put back on Vodafone account but not all went on due to max credit limit. Refund to account due.

02/11/2017

Dawn [Removed]

Email recieved

Recieved email confirming it is awaiting authorisation from accounts to make payment. 

16/11/2017

Jonty

Corporate Help Phone

Will process it from their team as it will go through

13/11/2017

Dawn [Removed]

Email sent

Email sent - no response

16/11/2017

Priyank

Web Chat

Credit team to authorise the payment. 7-10 days max.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off personal information please see Community Guidelines]

6 REPLIES 6

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

For that large amount, I would suggest sending an email to CEO, Finance Director and Customer Service Director.

Just google it.

The other option is contact your Bank, as under the Direct Debit Guarantee, they have to reverse the charge and claim the money from Vodafone.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@Moody

We do have a Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts but they do not have access to Business Accounts. However they should be able to help by putting you in touch with the Business side. 

Having funds returned by the Direct Debit Guarantee is an avenue but we cautious of Vodafone trying to recover the monies if for some reason their systems kick in. 

That's a large chunk of money so I hope this is resolved asap for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@bandofbrothers Thanks for the comments. Do you mean business side of Social Media?  Or business accounts, who we have been dealing with?

BandOfBrothers

@Moody wrote:

@BandOfBrothers Thanks for the comments. Do you mean business side of Social Media?  Or business accounts, who we have been dealing with?

The Social Media Team here deal with consumer issues and not Business Accounts however they can hook you up with the side of Vodafone that do deal with those types of accounts. This is usually done via PM and they ask you to explicitly mention you have a Business Account @Moody

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@Moody - I’m sorry to hear the experience you’re having and the incorrect amount that’s been taken.

We can escalate this for you. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

@Getafix

Email complaint sent previously was addressed to CEO and cc [Removed]

Direct Debit guarantee is a last resort option we are considering. Thank you. If anyone has used this method I would be interested in experiences. 

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]