Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I changed my phone and the new one can't connect to the underground wifi

dessy_m
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all, 

I changed my phone recently and try to log in with my Vodafone account to the underground wifi and it didn't work. It kept on saying "There was a problem with the signing in. Please try again later" or something down that line. It kept on going for weeks. So I called Vodaphone and they advised to go to a store. No one could help me at the store as my number is a company number and the account is a business account. I was advised to try from a different phone, so I changed my phone. However, this keeps on happening! I wanted to delete my Vodafone online account, but I can't because I need to delete it as a part of the business account. Can someone advise what to do?

14 REPLIES 14

@TimGriff6wrote:

I had this problem and to be honest can't remember exactly what I did to fix it but I am fairly certain that I did a scan from the wifi settings menu and 'forgot' both of the likely networks.  There is/was a Virgin network and a Vodafone network remembered on my phone so they both went.  I scanned again and connected to one of them using a blank browser page which I had tried to open before I turned the wifi on.  If I let the wifi connection do it without the page being there, it was disrupted and wouldn't load.  I'm not sure which network it connects to but I will update after I check on Monday.

Hi Tim

Finally someone who understands the problem! What do you mean by connected using a blank page? What page did you load to connect?

TimGriff6
13: Advanced Member

When you connect for the first time the phone opens the default browser and loads the sign in page.  I found that the page loaded that way would not respond properly so instead I started the browser before turning the Wi-fi on.  Because there is no data connection you get a blank page with an error message on it.  Go into settings and start the Wi-fi, choose VodafoneWiFi and the web page should have changed to a workable sign in page.  As I said, I am working from memory and I may have also have done a back up and cleared the cache before I started the process. I’m sorry but I don’t want to go through it again on my phone myself to refresh my memory - my phone works underground at the moment and I really don’t want to go through what was a frustrating process again😀

TimGriff6

For what it’s worth, the Vodafone instructions did not work for me despite following them to the letter on several occasions.  Perhaps whoever wrote them needs to go down there with a few phones and see if the instructions need rewriting!

Absolutely agree with this suggestions. I think I figured it out at the end. I deleted the wifi saved networks. Then connected again to Virgin wifi. Since my Samsung doesn't allow to connect through blank page as you suggested, I just chose from the network Manu "connect as it is" Meaning without signing to Vodafone. Then chose from the network status "refresb router" and after refreshing it, it opened the same Vodafone page to sign in and I was able to connect. It wasn't exactly as per your suggestion but I followed the same idea. I am so thankful to you and I will suggest to the Vodafone customer care team to have a look into this. It is really annoying that I was repeatedly told it wasn't Vodafone when it actually was!

TimGriff6

Glad you worked it out - frustrating process wasn't it, not helped by all the random advice from sources that don't seem to have gone through it?