Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lg G5 Delivery

wwhyte92
7: Helper
7: Helper

I pre-ordered the LG G5 from Vodafone with a promise that the device would be delivered on the day of release (today), however I haven't heard anything from the courier regarding the day/time confirmation.

Has anybody heard anything about the G5 delivery? The Vodafone chat person I'm talking to keeps saying I'll get an email/text to confirm the delivery when it's confirmed, but they can't say whether it will be today or not anymore. If there's anyone else out there with any news it would be good to know!

22 REPLIES 22

xtlcx
4: Newbie
I got a text this morning saying my delivery will be tomorrow and I got the headphones today.

Anybody else had any updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes,

I received, my phone today, along with the headphones and the camera gizmo

fawaz007
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have had so many problems with this. I have now been promised 3 times that the device would be out for delivery and that has turned out to be a complete lie. Even though they must be aware that i have retained transcripts of all my correspodences which confirm the utter nonsense they've been feeding their customers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning of the 12th:

Rohit: Please don't worry you will get the order today you will get the within 6PM.
Syed Hassan: Okay, so it will arriving today, i have not had any conformation of delivery so far.
Rohit: Syed, as I can see you have ordered on 07/04/2016.
Rohit: You will get the order today.
Rohit: Please don't worry you will get the confirmation text as well as call from delivery team.
Syed Hassan: Alright, that should be fine
Rohit: Syed, no worries just wait you will get the order
Rohit: Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Syed Hassan: No its fine, thanks for your help Rohit.
Rohit: If you face any problem feel free to chat with us
Rohit: My pleasure Syed.
Syed Hassan: I will, thank you, have a good day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Afternoon of the 12th:

Hashmeet: I've checked the details I can see your order is in final process and you will receive it tomorrow
Hashmeet: I've now raised a request to DPD to deliver it tomorrow on priority
Syed Hassan: Thank you, as i had to come home early from work as i was informed it was being delivered today, which was a real inconvienience

Hashmeet: Please be assured about that
Hashmeet: You're most welcome
Hashmeet: Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Syed Hassan:
Thats fine thanks,
Syed Hassan: have a good day

-----------------------------------------------------------

And then again on the 13th:

Sneha: Thanks for your time and patience
Sneha: Syed, I just got details form my back end team
Sneha: We are sorry to inform that order has yet not been dispatched
Sneha: However, I have booked call back for you
Sneha: So, you will receive call back from my back end team tomorrow and to updated the delivery details and time
Sneha: As, it would be dispatched by tomorrow
Sneha: I have also checked details about delivery, they confirmed it was suppose to go out today
Sneha: However, we have yet not received stock allocation from manufacturer that is the reason it has been delayed
Sneha: However, syed, do not worry you will not have to contact us again tomorrow to check order staus
Syed Hassan: This is pretty ridiculous as there has been a lot of misinformation given to me. I expected preordering to mean getting the phone on the release date and not over a week later
Sneha: As, along with consignment number
Sneha: Yes, that is correct
Sneha: I can understand your concern
Sneha: As, I would have felt the same
Sneha: However, it was delayed by manufacturer
Sneha: However, I just got the confirmation
Sneha: That it would be out for delivery tomorrow
Sneha: Please do not worry you will receive it by tomorrow and will keep you posted about the status
Sneha: We apologize for any inconvenience caused due to delay in order delivery
Syed Hassan: I expect it to be as i do not have the ability of constantly being at home during the day. I also expect compensation if it has not been delivered by tomorrow as this would be the 3rd time i have received confirmation for an order which has not been processed
Sneha: Syed, I can understand your cocnern
Sneha: Do not worry it will be out for delivery tomorrow, it was delayed due to stock allowances
Sneha: allocation
Sneha: Sorry for the delay
Sneha: Further, do not worry, I will personally follow up on it
Sneha: You will receive call from our end with details on delivery
Sneha: Further, will confirm the same with you tomorrow

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And i called up today and apparently, it hasnt even been delivered to the courier as the device hasnt even left the manufacturer! The open deception is incredibly worrying, im not going to stand for this and once the order comes im going to return it and pay off my current contract with Vodafone for being completely dishonest.