Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lg G5 Delivery

wwhyte92
7: Helper

I pre-ordered the LG G5 from Vodafone with a promise that the device would be delivered on the day of release (today), however I haven't heard anything from the courier regarding the day/time confirmation.

Has anybody heard anything about the G5 delivery? The Vodafone chat person I'm talking to keeps saying I'll get an email/text to confirm the delivery when it's confirmed, but they can't say whether it will be today or not anymore. If there's anyone else out there with any news it would be good to know!

22 REPLIES 22

xtlcx
4: Newbie
I pre ordered when the headphones were a free gift. This is the text message I received this afternoon.

Thank you for ordering your new LG G5. We're sorry but there has been another delay due to stock shortages from LG. We will be sending you a free LG G5 CAM Plus worth 79.99 GBP to say sorry. Your new LG G5 phone will be with you by 14 April and your free CAM Plus will follow shortly after.

I got the the same text on the 8th, but on Saturday the 9th got a text saying my phone was ready for collection, collected my phone but it had a dodgy sim card, so I had to go back to the store on the 10th. All working fine now very pleased with the phone. Don't know what they meant by CAM Plus will follow shortly after. 9 days and still waiting. 

wwhyte92
Ooo very interesting... I'll look out for the text with fingers crossed. May ask about it next time I call up too.

Update: I got a missed call today from a DPD driver saying he tried to deliver the parcel but the office was closed so couldn't and to ring him back (however witheld his number when calling and didn't leave his number on the voicemail). Rearranged with DPD to have it delivered tomorrow. As I haven't had a text/email from Vodafone or DPD to say it was being delivered today I was highly surprised to get the call. According to the Vodafone order tracker the handset still hasn't been handed over to the courier strangely.

xtlcx
Sounds promising. Let me know if it is the phone. Ive had no more updates

Phone arrived this morning (with B&O headphones) at around 9:30am. Somehow when I go to the Vodafone tracking site and use my order number, it still says the handset hasn't been given to the courier...

It is a beauty of a device though. Not having an app drawer will take some getting used to, but there is an option to auto-sort apps alphabetically on the home screens anyway.

xtlcx
Fantastic I've had a text to say an order is out with royal mail but when I go to track order it says number not recognised so I'm no further forward.

There is a way to get the app drawer back if you have a Google or you could download a launcher.

lucas580
1: Seeker

Just had a text from vodafone which says

"We're working hard to get your order to you,but we are waiting to get more stock from the manufactuer"

this comes 3 days after getting a text which says

"Your new LG G5 will be with you by 14th April".... make your mind up.

Is anyone else getting mixed messages from vodafone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have had the same info,

3 texts messages over the last 12 days,

wait 3 days

then another 3 days, then this morning 4 days, they told me they have no idea when more stock will come, issue with LG (REALLY)

xtlcx
Yes they can't seem to make they're minds up. I've got no idea what's happening with mine as I'd need to go in to the store and 191 hasn't got access to that system which is a bit pathetic
The order numbers I have can't be tracked either so im completely in limbo.
Just hope the phone is worth it