Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nexus 5 Can't send MMS

tabby
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I can receive MMS, but cannot send MMS from my Nexus 5. Have tried various APN's to no avail. Current is:

Name: Vodafone UK

APN: internet

Proxy: blank

username: web

Password: web

Server: blank

MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

MMS proxy: 8799

MMS port: blank

MCC: 234

MNC: 15

Authentication type: blank

APN type: blank

APN protocol: IPv4

APN enable/disable: enabled and ticked (greyed out)

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: None

MVNO value: not set (greyed out)

Any help appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion

MMS is a bit of a can of worms, tbh.  The most likely explanation is that it's not provisioned on your account and this is something the tech team here can help with.  Hang on, they'll get to your post in due course.  MMS is often disabled on new accounts (and even upgrades) for reasons no-one has ever really made clear, though possibly because there's a cost involved (they're not available in any bundle).   Now that you can send pictures and attachments by email at no cost other than the data usage, MMS is a bit of an anachronism really.

Yes, I agree. Hardly ever use MMS now, but a contact has no other means of receiving images as no web connection. Not sure if it's cheaper to send an email with attachment via the mobile network than an MMS! My iphone works fine for sending and receiving MMS.

hrym

If you have a data bundle, then sending an email attachment will simply use this - there won't be an additional cost as long as you don't exceed your allowance.  There will always be a cost associated with MMS (40p I think) as they're not bundled.

Is your iPhone on the same account?   If not, then MMS is provisioned on that, but not on the present one, but than can be arranged.  If it is, then text WEb to 40127 on this phone.  You'll get a configuration message back with the correct settings (although it sounds as though you may have them).  These sometimes arrive silently, so go into Messages, then hit Menu and look for Configuration Messages in there.  That's where it'll be.