Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor coverage on trains

ramseys66
1: Seeker

I travel fairly regularly on the train between Bristol and Manchester. The Vodafone service available when travelling there is almost useless. Apart from short periods when you are in towns/city areas you cannot keep a call up or have a signficant data session for any period of time before you lose signal and drop the call or data session. It's great as a I get three hours where I cannot be contacted reliably or connect laptop but not a great service from Vodafone

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I find the same when I use the train to visit the east coast.

Unfortunatley as a person is effectively encased in steel travelling at high speeds thus moving swiftly from cell tower to cell tower signal can be erratic. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I would like to add to this. 

The coverage map suggests good 4G coverage along most of the train line between London Paddington and Cardiff, however on the train, from Swindon to Cardiff there is very little coverage :Sad_face:

Makes doing work almost impossible (as I rely so heavily on the internet)

Would be great to see more coverage along train lines, a lot of people travel this way.

Cheers

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for letting us know @craiglambie.

As @BandOfBrothers mentioned, the coverage that you get can be variable when travelling on the train.