Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R206 mifi

Salmonpss
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi
I recently bought a Vodafone R206 mifi and although I have just used it to check my email and not download any info it is costing a fortune. I have tried disconnecting when not in use but it still munches up £5 a day. Is there something I am missing or is this normal?
11 REPLIES 11

"You must be able to register this device without having a phone. It's common sense! Has nobody at Vodafone realised this?"

I entirely agree. All I want to do is check my data account to make sure that I don't run out and have to top up unexpectedly. But I have now made 5 or 6 calls to people, most of whom simply don't grasp the problem. One of them has already suggested I swap my SIM card on my mobile phone. End result of that was that I lost all the contacts on my mobile phone and it still didn't work!

The latest "advice" is that I should press the envelope icon on the screen to get my password code displayed. Well I pressed and pressed but not only was there no result, but there is simply no sensation of a contact being made - unlike the On/Off button, for instance. They have tried to tell me that it's a system fault and an engineer will sort it out within 3-5 working days.

All this is an utterly ridiculous waste of time for a very simple request.

Why can't Vodafone simply send my password to my email address? They just did that to enable me to join the forum? Barmy!!!!!

Hi PedroK,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B