Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Night Clock Issues

Macy72
4: Newbie

I have had my S7 Edge since it was launched and the night clock had always worked fine.  The screen would be completely black with just the time lit up.  However out of the blue this is no longer the case. The display is lit up almost grey in colour lighting up the room like a torch. I have tried clearing the cache but this hasn't worked.  Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

If you turn this off and turn on 'always on display' is the colour of the screen ie grey instead of black still the same ?

I personally choose not to use the night clock but use AOD on my s7 edge. The background colour is black as all the pixels are off apart from the time. 

I also choose not to have automatic brightness turned on. 

If clearing the partition cache and a factory reset does not help then I'd suggest speaking to samsung uk support via their online page and or check if there is a Samsung Services Centre near you. 

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

samsung uk/support/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I love this night clock features. But I'm having the same issue. Factory reset will not fix this issue. But after setting up night clock after reading this guide it will fix the issue.

Macy72
4: Newbie
Thank you I'll try Samsung. When the night clock is on if I rub the screen edge a few times the ticker comes on showing my notifications and the screen turns black for a couple of minutes then reverts back to grey. The always on display is black as well. Not sure why the night clock has stopped working as this used to be black as well.