Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart Ultra 6 - screen not responding on edges

gerstuff
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My screen has stopped responding at the edges. For example, I cannot access the 'q' or '1' button on the keypad in portrait mode - it is OK in landscape mode as this uses a different part of the screen. The problem appears to be getting worse - the screen seems to struggle to pick up touches in a few areas.

When switched off, I have noticed that around the edge of the screen I can see some patterns, possibly a sign of some layers in the screen coming loose.

Have followed various advice from other threads - factory reset, clear cache, so more than 10Gb available until I start adding apps.

I bought three of these phones online as Christmas presents for family and one for myself so I could trouble shoot. All good until this point! 

Would it be best for me to take back to my local store to see if they sort anything out? Unless I have to I don't want to send the phone away as I will have no idea how long I will have to wait for repair or replacement.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @gerstuff

Definitely sounds like a repair is needed. 

From Vodafone advice is......

"Also make sure when sending your device for repair that you keep hold of your SIM. You also shouldn't send your memory cards, battery and/or back cover (if they're removable) - if these are included with your phone when it goes for repair we can't guarantee their return."

I would also suggest taking time and date stamped pictures of your phone to prove its aesthetic condition and one of it turned on. 

Ask the vodafone employee to note its condition on their in house system too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

The guy in Vodafone Store told me it was coming up as 1 year warranty! I've gone on Live Chat and they also said it is 1 year warranty.

Anyone else confirm what the Warranty is ?

I purchased it on the Vodafone website and picked up from my local Vodafone Store.

BandOfBrothers

100% 24 months. 12 months for iPhone. 

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Protecting-your-device/Warranty/38948878/When-I-buy-a-device-from-Vod...

Current Phone  >

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

As per drey_p's link above, it should have 24 months if it was a new phone.

Certain 'open box' discounted phones have less cover, but you should be made aware of that when purchasing it, and you'd know that you were buying a previously opened device anyway.

Yes, it should be 24months so I would recomend taking into store. Please let us know how you got on.

I called Vodafone today on 191 and they confirmed it is 2 years. 

They dont know why Fenchurch Street branch told me one year but they put a note on the system on my account to confirm it is 2 years so that the store cannot dispute it.

I've gone to Harrow branch instead and they have taken my phone for repaire under warranty!

They too dont know why Fenchurch branch said its 1 year as everyone knows its 2 years.  Also they have seen this screen problem before.

They given me a booking record that says "Chargeable" but put in Additional Info that the device is on manufacture warranty and stated the date of purchase

Hopefully will have a fully working phone in ten days.

Thanks everyone!

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome.  :Smiling:

Hope all goes well. 

Current Phone  >

Hi @eldy123,

I'm also unsure why our Fenchurch store has advised that your device was only covered for 12 months, as you've now been informed correctly - it's definitely 24 months.

I'm glad that that our Customer Service Team athe Harrow store have managed to get this sorted for you.

I'm going to get this fed back to the store for you, so we can try and prevent this from happening again.

Hi @gerstuff,

I'm happy to hear that you've now received a replacement device :Smiling: - thank you for updating the forum.

Thanks,

Sarah