cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony Ericsson Satio - Using my phone as a modem (tethering)

bgs264
4: Newbie
Hi there, hope I've posted in the correct forum.

Between two home broadband contracts, I'd like to use my phone to get online on my laptop to check online banking, gmail, etc - No heavy usage. I've got a Sony Ericsson Satio with the Unlimited (500Mb) data contract.

Please can somebody answer a couple of questions:

• Can I use this 500Mb monthly usage for tethering as well as data downloaded on the handset? I'm aware home broadband might stack up and I'll be careful with my usage.
  • If no to (1), When I was with 3 I could purchase an add-on for broadband (I think it was 5Gb for the month) for some amount of money (I forgot how much) and it was an add-on to my contract only for a month. When I no longer needed it I could cancel it. Does Vodafone offer something similar to this? I looked in the My Account section but I couldn't see anything.
    Regards
    bgs264
  • 3 REPLIES 3

Jenny
    Moderator (Retired)
    Moderator (Retired)
    Hi bgs264,

The good news is that you can use your Satio for tethering and this would be deducted from your 500MB bundle.

Please bear in mind though that any Windows updates etc that you may have running in the background will also be deducted so this can quickly eat into the 500MB.

I recommend our Mobile Broadband via the phone packages as these give you a higher data allowance so you wouldn’t be worried about going over 500MB. Take a look for more information. :D

We also have some great mobile broadband packages for both Pay As You Go and Pay Monthly! I recommend you take a look at this link too as they’re great value and you can chose which package will best suit your needs.

All the best,

Jenny
    eForum Team

AR_1000
    1: Seeker

Hi bgs264,

The good news is that you can use your Satio for tethering and this would be deducted from your 500MB bundle.

Please bear in mind though that any Windows updates etc that you may have running in the background will also be deducted so this can quickly eat into the 500MB.

I recommend our Mobile Broadband via the phone packages as these give you a higher data allowance so you wouldn’t be worried about going over 500MB. Take a look for more information.

We also have some great mobile broadband packages for both Pay As You Go and Pay Monthly! I recommend you take a look at this link too as they’re great value and you can chose which package will best suit your needs.

All the best,

Hello Everyone and Anyone

Please can someone explain how I go about this tethering.

Regards
    Andy
    Jenny
    eForum Team

Retired-Jon_V
    Moderator (Retired)
    Moderator (Retired)
    Hi Andy,

Simply download and install our "Via the Phone" software located here.

Instructions are provided on the same page :)

Jon

eForum Team