Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unreasonable cancellation terms.

cyprienFox
1: Seeker

Unfortunately I'm having to move property cos I'm transferring with work, but the next property already has internet sorted by the landlord so I can't transfer over from my current Vodafone package, which I've had around half a year. I rang today and found that the cancellation fee for this would be greater than £150, which is a lot of money for circumstances which are out of my control. I know I'm contracted to pay the remaining amount, but previously I was with Sky Mobile and had the same thing happen a few years back, and they waived the remaining contract and just hit me with a one off fee which wasn't too bad. I told this to the Vodafone rep on the phone today and they accused me of making the story up, which is very rude.

To be honest I haven't had the greatest service so far from Vodafone anyway. For instance, the price of my plan went down a few pounds 2 months after I started it, so I rang up and they said they would give me the new lower price, but they never did. Also, the speed isn't always what its supposed to be in the evenings, but I've never complained about these things. Its really annoying now that they're being so uncooperative with me over the cancellation, when you think customer service would come first.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @cyprienFox

Something similar happened to my eldest son and as he moved property his current isp didn't have coverage in his new area. 

Although that isp was understanding they still had to enforce the T&C's my son signed up to and he had to pay a get out fee - and move on. 

I believe every case is listened to on a case by case basis and the best resolution for all hopefully reached. 

I know you are aware you signed up to the Vodafone T&C's,  and I understand you feel your current speeds and the billing issue are existent and applicable, but after the initial 30 days network satisfaction guarantee has elapsed we lose the right to leave penalty free. 

I feel for you as your pretty much stuck but it would be entirely at Vodafones decision if they did something as a goodwill gesture. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.