Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelling Broadband Contract

VICTORIA82C
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Why you don t allow your customer to cancel the contract on the end day of the agreement?

I call and live chat in March because on the begging I had the end day 18.03.2018.

When I request to cancel you update and recalculate the end day on 03.04.2018.

I was 2 times in a store, I called again I was assured that the contract will end on 03.04.2018.

Is 25/04/2018 I am still billed for broadband I start again with live chat, call and they said this contract will end on 25/05/2018 because I didn't t request cancelling until this point.

So every time I request to cancel this contract you offer me another lie. Why do you refuse to cancel it?

Why do you abuse your customers? Official, I cancel my direct debit for Vodafone and I won't pay you a penny till you cancel this agreement that comes to an end on 03.04.2018

You are the most dishonest company from the UK.

6 REPLIES 6

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear there's been some confusion regarding the cancellation of your service @VICTORIA82C. As we'll need to access your account to help sort this out, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

Why you don t cancel my  broadband contract
the contract period is gone for a long time and you keep finding excuses just to bill me every month

Smir
4: Newbie

do you have any confirmation of the first time you said you were cancelling/moving away from Vodafone? if so cancel the direct debit, wait for the letters, and call them with the proof.

I am still on contract with my mobile number

the contract period is long gone and they keep saying on the phone that they won't bill it and when the bill  comes is still there

I cancel direct debit AND I won't pay from now on

I have more then 25 complains

on 25/04 they said will call me back next day ...today is 29 and nobody calls me back

APPALLING COMPANY

I register complaint with ofcom and ombudsman

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble cancelling your contract @VICTORIA82C and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

You can find details on cancelling your agreement with us in our Ts&Cs here. If you’re outside of your minimum period, you can cancel at any time but you’ll need to give us 30 days’ notice.

We'll be more than happy to access your account and double check on your end dates for you. If you'd like us to do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us directly and securely. 

fabyon
4: Newbie

It's not clear from your post if you wanted to cease your phone line and broadband with vodafone ending your contract or have moved away to another provider in that case as long as you're out of your minimum contractual obligation then they will stop charging you for your broadband on the day (pro-rata) of your migration to the other provider.

The person you spoke to probably understood that you were asking if you were 'out of contract' as opposed to stopping your service which means you would have lost it by now had they acted on your request you would have lost your phone line and broadband service. Unless, that is, it's what you wanted !

If they're still still charging you despite being with a new provider for your phone and broadband then you're due a refund and obviously I would cancel the direct debit. Remember that some companies will charge you in advance and refund you pro-rata once the migration has happened ( in my case Plusnet has taken the monthly fee up to the 25th of May but I'm migrating to Vodafone on the 2nd of May that means that Plusnet will refund me the portion from the 2nd until the 25th ...hopefully; that's why I haven't cancelled the direct debit instruction yet)