Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband connection

tab99uk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Had fibre installed 4 days ago and it’s still not active phoned Suport keep telling me to reset router done that still not working

they keep saying wait till 24 hours then should start working bt have installed the fibre box only 3 lights coming on and router red light is flashing.

im fed up might leave them if it’s not working by tomorrow Suport is useless.

20 REPLIES 20

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@tab99uk wrote:

bt have installed the fibre box only 3 lights coming on and router red light is flashing.

What light isn't coming on on the ONT?

Ripshod

Three lights on the ONT is correct. The red flashing internet light on the router means it's not authenticating. Sound like someone at Vodafone has forgotten something or got some detail wrong.

Contact them here:

https://vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd 

Jayach

@Ripshod wrote:

Three lights on the ONT is correct.

Really? I 'm not on FTTP but I thought all 4 light should be on. (or at least, blinking)

Label Status Description Actions to take (if any)

POWER

Green

The ONT has power and is turned on. 

Off

The ONT is turned off.Check that the modem is plugged in and the electricity is on.

PON and LOS

PON Solid Green

Fibre optic connection to the BT exchange is working.
  • If you have no internet, check the physical connection between the ONT and your router.

• Check the configuration of your router

PON flashing / LOS offONT is checking the connection to the exchange.Wait until light turns green, or turns off completely.
PON off, or PON and LOS both flashingFibre optic link is not Live, or there's an issue between your property and the BT exchange.
  • Check that the white fibre optic cable is fully connected to the ONT and is not damaged.

• Turn off the ONT for 10 minutes, then back on again. Allow up to 5 minutes for the ONT to reconnect.

PORT1-PORT4On (any)The Ethernet connection between the ONT and your device is normal and working as expected. 
Blinking (any)Data is being transmitted between the ONT and the device connected to that port. 
Off (any)Either nothing is connected to that port, or there is an issue with the connection.Check both ends of the Ethernet cable to ensure no damage and a solid physical connection to both devices.
OPTICALSolid GreenYour line is connected. 

I'm suspecting the OP has incorrectly cabled the router to the ONT, which is why I asked which one wasn't illuminated.

Jayach

Oh, yes, I see my error, LOS should be off.

Ripshod

@Jayach wrote:

@Ripshod wrote:

Really? I 'm not on FTTP but I thought all 4 light should be on. (or at least, blinking)

Label Status Description Actions to take (if any)

POWER

Green

The ONT has power and is turned on. 

Off

The ONT is turned off.Check that the modem is plugged in and the electricity is on.

PON and LOS

PON Solid Green

Fibre optic connection to the BT exchange is working.
  • If you have no internet, check the physical connection between the ONT and your router.

• Check the configuration of your router

PON flashing / LOS offONT is checking the connection to the exchange.Wait until light turns green, or turns off completely.
PON off, or PON and LOS both flashingFibre optic link is not Live, or there's an issue between your property and the BT exchange.
  • Check that the white fibre optic cable is fully connected to the ONT and is not damaged.

• Turn off the ONT for 10 minutes, then back on again. Allow up to 5 minutes for the ONT to reconnect.

PORT1-PORT4On (any)The Ethernet connection between the ONT and your device is normal and working as expected. 
Blinking (any)Data is being transmitted between the ONT and the device connected to that port. 
Off (any)Either nothing is connected to that port, or there is an issue with the connection.Check both ends of the Ethernet cable to ensure no damage and a solid physical connection to both devices.
OPTICALSolid GreenYour line is connected. 

I'm suspecting the OP has incorrectly cabled the router to the ONT, which is why I asked which one wasn't illuminated.

You may be right. We've seen that with another new member recently.

Cable goes from ONT to blue WAN port @tab99uk 

Jayach

@Ripshod wrote:

@Jayach wrote:

You may be right. We've seen that with another new member recently.

Cable goes from ONT to blue WAN port @tab99uk 

And it should be the blue/yellow LAN/WAN cable, not the red internet one.

ethernet cable is plugged in to the blue port phoned them again today their telling me latest 3 august now.

what a joke vodaofone are keep telling me to reset the router then saying order has been stuck had to put it through manlluy then saying im moving from old copper to fibre the number port takes longer.

Jayach

@Jayach wrote:

@Ripshod wrote:

I think I was thinking of the CityFibre ONT, that has 4 lights, and all should be illuminated. 

mines diffrent to that its openreach  S1-Lights-on-modem.jpg