cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using own router, chat says I have to wait til service is live for login info...

user2023
3: Seeker

I've already looked into getting the login details and info here and elsewhere says the pain(ish) free method is to get in touch with chat.

So I did that as I wanted to be ready for my move from EE to Vodafone on Thursday this week by having the user/pass details on hand.

After getting over the first hurdle of the operator thinking I was trying to get my login details for my mobile account they went away for a bit and came back and told me that I need to wait until the service is actually activated until I can get my user/pass details.

Surely this cant be right? Is my user/pass not already allocated as the (unwanted) Vodafone router is due for delivery tomorrow?  I mean, it's not just going to magic me up a user/pass when I plug the Vodafone router in is it?

I don't really want any down time but equally I don't really want to be unpacking this router just to logon and contact chat again when all I need are the user/pass details to change on my own router.

Can anyone confirm this advice to get back in touch after activation is correct and that the details aren't already on the Vodafone system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

If we're laking about your PPPoE details then yes, the username and password are generated automatically by the provisioning server when you first connect your Vodafone router, triggering the provisioning. For this reason you have to use the vodafone router until your service is provisioned (activated) - once connected it's best to just let it do it's thing for 30 minutes. 

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

Ripshod

If we're laking about your PPPoE details then yes, the username and password are generated automatically by the provisioning server when you first connect your Vodafone router, triggering the provisioning. For this reason you have to use the vodafone router until your service is provisioned (activated) - once connected it's best to just let it do it's thing for 30 minutes. 

user2023

Ah ok, that makes sense, i'll do that then..

Ta.

edit:  I should have said I'm on Full Fibre (FTTP) on Openreach, so yes, it's PPPoE