Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need help. Cannot understand what is going on with my new Broadband contract

ukvodi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Signed up online to Vodafone Broadband 20th June 2024. Cited my current telephone number that is currently with TalkTalk.

Got confirmation emails and all appeared to be proceeding.

Get a text message asking if I want to use an existing line or have an Openreach engineer visit. I confirm I want to use an existing line. Get reply that they have received this info.

Router sent in mail. But also the Openreach engineer visit is still needed and booked for 8th July. Then get someone from Vodafone calling this week telling me I need to cancel my order and do a new order because I want to use my existing line (which was told from the start). Makes nothing clear on why this is.  I re-confirm that I want it on my existing number xxxxxxx blah. He then says he's cancelling the order. I ask him why when the original order was to switch existing number. He then says he is contacting Openreach and to hold on the line. 5 mins later told I will get an update.

Just yesterday (27th June) get another call telling me there is a problem and I need to cancel and re-order. Reason being I have 2 lines at my house. Not sure what this even means for why I need to cancel. I re-confirm i have 2 numbers at my home and want one of them to go to Vodafone.

Operator tells me I can resolve with her or through my online Vodafone account. I say I will do it online. Try to log into my Vodafone account and it won't let me. I get sent a code to my mobile to enter, which I do precisely. Keep getting Error 404 coming back. That could just be coincidental because their servers are down, I'll try later.

I just want an answer in plain English on what the issue is.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

billhinge
4: Newbie

I had a pretty similar problem when I joined Vodafone 18 months ago via a third party switch your broadband deal. I had 2 lines, my personal line whose number I wanted to keep plus a disconnected Res-Official BT line. It seems Openreach got 'confused' as to do what with the line and cancelled my order (thus losing the third party switch offer).  Vodafone had to reorder which took an additional 20 days and thankfully worked. I also had problems with my online account so gave up on trying to use it.

Having worked on both BT/Openreach and Vodafones IT systems I have my own theories as to why but ....

At the end of the day the broadband worked and the direct debit worked then happy days, life's too short, so I left it alone. 

This was booked directly with Vodafone. The only thing I can think of is Openreach are playing silly ##~##.
In the past I had one of the lines switched over and unless it was a total coincidence the router on my other line ended up damaged. Within the same time he was working in the cabinet boxes on the street.

Another time I have an engineer, another property close by which I also pay the bill for, ends up cross connected to someone else's telephone number. i.e. that number got changed to someone else's and they ended up with mine.

You may be right but I couldn't possibly comment. At the end of the day as a result of having my first order cancelled I  ended up with 2 routers and 2 boosters and Vodafone couldn't take them back (no process)