Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need help. Cannot understand what is going on with my new Broadband contract

ukvodi
2: Seeker

Signed up online to Vodafone Broadband 20th June 2024. Cited my current telephone number that is currently with TalkTalk.

Got confirmation emails and all appeared to be proceeding.

Get a text message asking if I want to use an existing line or have an Openreach engineer visit. I confirm I want to use an existing line. Get reply that they have received this info.

Router sent in mail. But also the Openreach engineer visit is still needed and booked for 8th July. Then get someone from Vodafone calling this week telling me I need to cancel my order and do a new order because I want to use my existing line (which was told from the start). Makes nothing clear on why this is.  I re-confirm that I want it on my existing number xxxxxxx blah. He then says he's cancelling the order. I ask him why when the original order was to switch existing number. He then says he is contacting Openreach and to hold on the line. 5 mins later told I will get an update.

Just yesterday (27th June) get another call telling me there is a problem and I need to cancel and re-order. Reason being I have 2 lines at my house. Not sure what this even means for why I need to cancel. I re-confirm i have 2 numbers at my home and want one of them to go to Vodafone.

Operator tells me I can resolve with her or through my online Vodafone account. I say I will do it online. Try to log into my Vodafone account and it won't let me. I get sent a code to my mobile to enter, which I do precisely. Keep getting Error 404 coming back. That could just be coincidental because their servers are down, I'll try later.

I just want an answer in plain English on what the issue is.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

ukvodi

Just an update. Openreach came 8th July as scheduled. Line was connected up without any new wiring (I have spare wires). Internet was active about 6 hours later. Telephone number half ported about the same time (could make outgoing calls). By next morning can also dial in to the number.

So all seems to be well currently. Not sure what all that mess about having to cancel and re-do the contract was about. Which I didn't agree to. But Vodafone need to look into it. I suspect there may be some commission inducement that some staff may be abusing. I was so fed up with hearing crap explanations and made up nonsense that I was close to cancelling and moving to someone else.