Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

2.3Gbps opnsense not hitting over 1Gbps

Delta4Zero
2: Seeker

Hello All

So I’ve spent some very frustrating moments chatting to support who keep going on about WiFi channels. 

Anyway I’ve upgraded to 2.3Gbps from1Gbps I use a opnsense dell which has loads of overhead and is practically idle. I’ve upgraded my cards, switches and cables and can confirm 2.5 throughout computer to computer.

however even though Ive got a 2.5 negotiation to city fibre/vodaphone  I’m still getting 1Gb service I’m told I’m on the 2.3 and got the round router from vodaphone. Pro2
Before I mess with putting the supplied router in and messing up my entire network port forwarding ect. So they can check. Am I missing anything do I need jumbo frames or a bigger mtu or anything like that

cheers for any reply’s

8 REPLIES 8

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

What's the model of the ONT you have? You should find a label on the back/bottom of it. 

Delta4Zero

Gp1100x

CrimsonLiar

That ONT should be capable of 2.5 Gbps.  Have you tried connecting a wired PC (with a 2.5Gbps car) directly to the ONT to see what the results are?

Indeed all new cat7 straight into pc negotiated at 2.5

CrimsonLiar

If a direct connection to the ONT can give a 2.5Gbps internet speed test then it'll be an OpenSense issue.

I’ve put the vodaphone router back in and it’s the same anyway I do it 

CrimsonLiar

I'm still not clear if you've tried a local PC/MAC running a regular OS connected directly to the ONT, ie just a single device with a 2.5Gbps port connected directly to the ONT with no intermediate router.

Indeed straight to a pc with a 2.5 card in it