Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

2.4ghz knocked out by 3rd booster

gaz8600
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all,

Returning Vodafone customer I've Been with BT for years but waiting and waiting for openreach for fttp but can't anymore  so im on Fibre pro 2  and 3 boosters, I chose voda over others for WiFi promise.( I have an old house with solid walls and a loft conversion)

Randomly one day all my Amazon plugs (11 of them) disconnected from the WiFi. I tried reconnecting them and it wouldn't see my WiFi router only the other neighbours ( 5 in total) so I tried to change the bandwidth (as I know smart plugs tend to use 2.4ghz)  but it's locked out so I had split the WiFi normal and premium and reconnect everything else in housee. Now issue I have is the plugs can see the premium WiFi but not the normal 2.4ghz.

After resetting the router (nothing changed) moving boosters I've realised when 2 boosters are on the plugs can see the 2.4ghz, although low signal strength. Got them all reconnected turned the 3rd booster on and then they all disconnected again. 

Is this a.known issue or you think somethinf is faulty? Any tips? I really don't want to cancel and need that 3rd booster. I suppose i can purchase a decent router myself. (Any recommendations for Vodafone compatible ones)

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@gaz8600  Have you got a WiFi scanner app on a mobile device? It may be that the 2.4Ghz WiFi has changed channel to 12 or 13 which not all devices can use.

If you haven't already, have a search of the forum for similar queries.