Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Advanced settings for ASUS DSL-AC55u

jp86
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

My ASUS router sync speed is pretty low compared to the VF router (however the VF router is junk that is incredibly slow and lacked required functionality).

I've spoken to VF who seem to think it's wiring related, as a network engineer of 10 years, but with no experience of VDSL, can anyone confirm that the attached settings are correct?

For reference, the sync speed of the vodafone router (Huawei PoS), was about 5mbps higher than this. I'm supposed to be on superfast 2. Speed tests at any time of day don't go about 30mbps (tested on 5g wireless and wired to rule out any other issues).

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

The mode 17A is definitely where you should be in the UK for Superfast 2 (Superfast 1 would be mode 8a, but tops at 35Mbps on OpenReach anyhow).

It is possible that DLM (Dynamic Line Management) could already have been triggered, which will reset itself over time if the router doesn't lose its connection to the cabinet too often.

Regards the wiring, Vodafone should be able to remotely test for various issues; lines to the property do not always age well!  *IDEALLY* you want your modem/router plugged into the master socket.  If it's a modern socket use a filtered faceplate, if not then using a VDSL filter - these can go wrong so trying an alternative could be an option.  If you are using plugin filters (and older filtered faceplates) then you need one in every phone socket - even better if you no longer use any extensions disconnect them from the master socket!

Hi

I've got Vodafone sending an engineer out tomorrow, they've noticed an issue with the wiring I think. Earlier today I also noticed that the wiring into the house that resides in a "BT" box, has been messed with and has the bell wires cut (which is good), but the other two wires are joined with a terminal block and needless to say looks pretty corroded. So I suspect this may be the issue.

Well that happened! As has become customary with Vodafone, even though I confirmed the appointment yesterday, no engineer showed up, and the webchat team have now told me it takes 72 hours to investigate any issues before an engineer is called out. Getting pretty annoyed at this point! Wondering if I should just go outside and fix the cabling myself!

As an update, line is now Interleaved, so definitely something going on...