main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Broadband connection

Can't connect internet to Roku or Firestick. Phones/PC connection OK. - New customer

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi all, wondering if anyone has any guidance here.

I'm a new Vodafone Broadband customer and got the router set up easily. All looks good there, the white lights appear on: power / internet / WiFi. 

My laptop and phone are connected fine, and WiFi is working well there.

However, I cannot get my Roku or my Amazon FireStick to connect to the internet. They both say they are connected, and are seeing "fair" signal strength, but when I check the connection or try to open any apps, it says there is no internet. The TV and the router are in the same room - about 3 meters away from each other.

I've tried:

• Turning on/off and resetting the router
  • Resetting the streaming devices
  • Disconnecting and reconnecting the WiFi
  • Pressing the WiFi button on the router (not sure what that does, but tried it anyway)
  • Double/Triple checking the password
  • Creating guest WiFi and connecting to that instead
  • Changing the IP address to a static IP + changing the last numbers of the IP address (this was actually a trick I had to do in order to get my phones to connect and stop saying "connected without internet")
  • Tried connecting via WPS as well - that also doesn't work 

Nothing is working. It always connects, and then says there is no internet.

I followed the help steps on the Vodafone website but nothing has worked. The only thing I couldn't try was the suggestion to check my content settings. When I go trough those steps I never see content settings. Tapping on "My account controls" in my account just displays the message "There’s nothing we can show you. We’re not able to show you any information here."

Needless to say this is very frustrating. We're pretty new customers so I understand that the speeds in the first days might be variable, but there's no reason I can see why the internet would be working on all my devices except those connected to the TV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

View more options
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Hey @AshRC, apologies for the delay in our response. Have you downloaded the My Vodafone Broadband app and gone to WiFi devices? If so, does it appear there?

View more options