Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Complaint - staggering levels of incompetence demonstrated

Rossva1189
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Dear community 

posting here in the hope that someone from Vodafone who actually has an idea what they’re talking about can help - but based on experience so far, I very much doubt it.

this almost unbelievable experience began when I first registered to become a Vodafone customer (oh how I regret that) around 4 or so weeks ago.

I got an email telling me my account was created and I could logon to “my Vodafone” and was given a temp password. It didn’t work.

I got through to someone online who honestly couldn’t grasp the simple concept that I couldn’t logon and told me I’d have to go into a Vodafone shop to get this sorted!, after passing me around to two different colleagues who couldn’t help me either!

i  gave up and thought I’d try again in a few days. Next time I tried reaching out to Vodafone’s official Twitter account. They told me the issue was because I wasn’t yet a customer, and I would be able to sign in by midnight on the day of my broadband activation. I asked why therefore did I get an email telling me I could log in and a temp password, they couldn’t explain that. However it seemed plausible, so I took them at their word.

my broadband was installed and activated yesterday.. yes you’ve guessed it, couldn’t logon. This 3rd person I dealt with online yesterday told me that “my account wasn’t validated”, but he did it apparently and I should try again. Of course, didn’t work. He then said it will work “tomorrow’. I asked why, he had no answer, it was obvious he was just trying to get rid of me because he didn’t have a clue.

and yes, finally, I have just tried today - and of course it does not work.

staggering that between 4 different e engagements with 5 different employees now, not one of them can work out why I can’t logon to the website! Fills me with absolute dread at what my experience will be if I ever have a complex issue.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Usually the Twitter / Facebook Team who are the same Vodafone staff who reply on here are able to help.

Although theybare also part of the Customer Esculations Team I'd suggest to officially raise your complaint via complaints/code-of-practice which will mean you'll get allocated a complaints handler and you've created a paper trail. 

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

If you are unable to login as the service has only just gone live the most likely explanation is the set up has not completed on Vodafone's systems @Rossva1189 

You will probably shoot me down for this, clear your cookies and cache and try again later, hopefully you will be able to log in with the temporary password and make the necessary log in changes.

I couldn't log in until about a week before my first bill was generated so I'd say hold off abit longer

AngryViking
4: Newbie

I had similar agony.

Although unable to help directly, were you using Vodafone broadband via a third party before you signed up directly?  In my case, I had SSE as an ISP and their service was provided by Vodafone. It had caused the account setup to be rejected (which nobody noticed...) and eventually somebody spotted the problem  and corrected it - and suddenly I could log on.

It took a lot more than five attempts!

Good luck