cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Does anyone else have really slow internet with Vodafone?

JimieSitu
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Sorry for writing in english.

Does anyone have the same experience as me? We used to have a contract with Unitymedia (which was pretty good), but Vodafone bought it so now we have a contract for 1000 mbps download and 50 upload with them. On their site's speedtest I get about 3 mbps download and 1 mbps upload. We called their support and they sent a technician today. He said the usual "cables and router don't work how they're supposed to etc etc". He replaced them and after he was gonenhttps://9apps.ooo/, the internet was back to 900 - 1000 mbps! Then 1 or 2 hours later it's at the same awful speeds again.

Is this normal? I tried downloading a game on Steam and it started downloading at 1 - 2 mb/s. Surely it's not supposed to be this horrible? Is anyone else experiencing such horrible speeds from other providers? I'm starting to think it has something to do with peak hours or something like that idk.

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

As you apologised for writing in English, you are presumably not in the U.K. and as this is a U.K. forum I don't think anyone could help you. You will have to contact Vodafone in your own country.

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @JimieSitu 

I am sure you will be a Vodafone Germany customer.  You need to ask this question here: Vodafone Germany Community 

BandOfBrothers

Hello @JimieSitu 

Having slow internet is a nightmare as this impacts pretty much on what you want to achieve while connected,  from surfing , downloading and gaming.

Your English by the way is just fine. :Smiling:

I have come across some posts here and on other forums that using a 3rd party router instead of using a Vodafone connect router can help.

But unfortunately if this down to your area / exchange then there's little that can be done.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi @JimieSitu, as your contract was with Unitymedia, we would assume that you're now with Vodafone Germany. We would recommend following the link sent over by AnnS for the correct Community, or check out the Vodafone Germany contact page here. On this page you can speak to Tobi, or if you scroll down, you will have the Facebook and Twitter options. 

All the best with your query 🙂