Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Full fibre dropping connection throughout day

Ynaseem
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hoping someone can help

i joined voda full fibre (city fibre) a few weeks ago on a pro package 500mpbs. I have 3 additional Vodafone superWiFi boosters along with the router. The signal seems to be ok throughout the house but I have constant connection drops throughout the day. Makes working from home v difficult. The speed is usually fine 

the room with the main router in is fine , it’s the other rooms where we connect to the boosters that seem to drop. Are these Vodafone boosters known for connection drops?

I was thinking of buying my own mesh system, what do other people use? I need something easy to use and with a reliable connection.

anyhelp on either my current set up or the mesh system would be appreciated

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

from what you say it does sound like a Wi-Fi problem, nothing to do with the FTTP.

Yes a mesh would probably solve your problem, either used in access point mode or to replace the Vodafone router. (but you would lose the phone connection if you replace the Vodafone router)

What would be annoying though is that you are paying for the extenders and the Wi-Fi Xperts (in your contract price) so they really should be doing their job.

Thankyou for the response. Yes agree it’s annoying that I’m paying for the service but not getting the issues resolved. WiFi Xperts have sent me 3 boosters altogether but don’t seem to be able to resolve the issue.

im probably going to go for the mesh system , Looking at the tp link deco m5