Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IPv6 for ASUS router

macgalileo
4: Newbie

I post this year as , as usual , there is no way to get any support from Vodafone ( except level 3 ) 

I use ASUS and not the useless Vodafone. Ultra hub on 

An openreach 900mb  line 

my line is active with IPv6 , and although I can get IPv6 addresses using native way in settings I get some regular random disconnections when several devices  try to connect . This isn’t happening when I am only connected with IPv4. I have used   several settings I found on internet but I am wondering if someone is in openreach with active IPv6 on an ASUs with a 100% stable connection with no errors on logs 

Vodafone wife experts say to me that either Vodafone doesn’t provide IPv6 while I can see IPv6 addresses or they don’t provide settings for IPv6 as they support only their router which again is wrong as they provide settings for ipv4 

Thanks in advance 

many thanks 

18 REPLIES 18

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

IPv6 is dead stable on my RT-AX88U. In fact, my connection prefers IPv6 over IPv4. I don't suffer any disconnects and see no related messages in the system log. 

Are you with openreach or city fibre . And could you please share the IPv6  settings . Many thanks 

Ripshod

Yes, I'm on Openreach.

Screenshot_2024-10-11-07-30-24-99_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

The dns servers are my own personal choice (quad9) 

Thanks it looks though the image can’t be visible . My I ask on IPV6 what is your connection type ?

interface 

DHCP-PD 

Accept default route 

Enable route advertisement? 

and if you use DDNS ? 

Cynric

@macgalileo Patience young Jedi, we have to wait for the image to be moderated.

Ripshod

@macgalileo wrote:

My I ask on IPV6 what is your connection type ?

interface PPP

DHCP-PD Enable

Accept default route Enable

Enable router advertisement? Enable

and if you use DDNS ? I use no-ip. IPv4 update from my router, and IPv6 update from my home server.

Great many thanks 

I have similar setting and every 30 minutes I get this message 

This is the error I get : ddns: ppp0 has not yet obtained an WAN IPv6 address.(10)

IPV6 Ddns it’s enabled via ASUS DDNS 

Ripshod

Has IPv6 definitely been provisioned (it was working on the vodafone router with a prefix other than fe80)? 

Yup. If I will use ultra hub IPv6 address is also there. I still get it with AUSUS but with this error every 30 minutes