My Internet not working

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You need to follow the support links  @Abdulllha 

Broadband Support - Why can't I connect to the Internet 

Unable to connect to the Internet 

I you continue to have problems after following the support links a box will pop up and you will be able to start a chat with a dedicated broadband support advisor.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit.  @AnnS   posted a reply whilst I was typing mine.  Follow her instructions before trying my suggestions. 

@abdullah  So, you have no internet connection whatsoever? What VF service are you with? 

Before you call customer services 😱 make sure you have done all the basic things,

1. Check that your router is on and connected to the box on the inside wall and that the box is powered up too.  It should be ok because the installers will have left it all connected and on.  Now check to see if your are connected to the internet. 

2. If not, physically restart the router by switching it off using the switch at the back/bottom and then after 20 seconds switching on again.  This takes a good few minutes. Check your internet again. 

3. Still no internet? Check that the device that you are using to connect is either directly connected by ethernet cable to the router or it is connected by WiFi. If you are connected you should be able to see the router log on page when you type 192.168.1.1 into your browser. If you are connected,  log on using the username and password you set or the default Username -  root and Password - 123456. Once logged on you can see straight away whether the router is connected to the internet. If you can't access the router then check your device WiFi is on and the router WiFi is on. 

4. Factory reset your router. https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Broadband/Set-up-getting-started-Home-Broadband-/1643206972/How-do-I-... 

5.  Still no joy?  Report back here or call customer services and tell them what you have tried so far.