Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone H 500-s Expert mode

RoelofseThomas
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all, 

Im currently trying to access the expert mode or advance mode using the standerd router provide by Vodacom,

the router model is a vodafone H 500-s .

any ideas as why they removed this feature.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

As this is the Vodafone UK forum the two standard modem router here are the HHG2500/VOX2.5 and the THG3000/VOX3 ( there is a g.fast version of the latter too).

Why they remove such things - it'll be a business decision, and it seems that such actions happen across all subsidiaries!

*If the menus are set out as they are on the UK routers then there's a bit of a splatter gun approach to menus with the expert settings appearing at the top of the web page.

**Odd as it may seem, it can be useful to try a different web-browser, sometimes hidden things show up that way!

@KeithAlger

Thank you for the response, 

Let's start at the beginning, the day I received the router my noisy personality is to open it up and plug that thing in to see the new toy I've received.

So the router came with a sticker with the default mumbo jumbo on it as username and password for the router, ssids and default password for the wifi.

So I plugged everything in and opened up chrome. And logged onto the router I was given 3 options basic expert and logout.

After the technical guy was here. There was only basic and log out.

I have tried numerous browsers but still no luck.

lesley22
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

For Vodacom SA routers use.

Username : expert

Password: MAC address of router

Should now have admin rights, enjoy 

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@lesley22 I'd guess that the problem may have been resolved after three years.

CrimsonLiar

You'd hope so, beacuse thats the kind of ill thought-out method for accessing "expert mode" that I'd use my own equipment to test that it's not insecure. 🚨 🚨 🚨