Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is a Wayleave Agreement in place?

Miss_Ann_Throp
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi Vodafone Community,

My proposed full fibre upgrade is due to be installed soon. Though, I suspect it will not go ahead because the engineers will have to dig up my neighbour’s rented property to connect it.
Is there a way to find out if I have a Wayleave Agreement, signed by my neighbour’s landlord, for a full fibre installation?

Thanks,

A

20 REPLIES 20

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Miss_Ann_Throp Have you not contacted the owner of the land, not necessarily the property in the case of freehold?

Hi Cynric,

According to the Land Registry, the landlord is the owner of the freehold as well as the property. 
The problem is, I can’t be sure whether the tenant has forwarded the Wayleave Agreement to the landlord.
And even if they have, I’ve no idea whether they have actually signed and returned it directly to CityFibre. 

Thanks for the reply,

A

Johndavid
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

It is essential to verify whether a Wayleave Agreement is in place before proceeding with any construction or installation activities. This legal [Removed empty hyperlink] document grants permission to utility companies or service providers to access private land for infrastructure installation or maintenance. Ensuring the existence of a valid Wayleave Agreement helps prevent potential disputes and ensures compliance with regulations.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove empty Google hyperlink]

Hi Johndavid,

It is essential to verify whether a Wayleave Agreement is in place before proceeding…”

I totally agree.

Though I can almost guarantee, despite my best attempts to stop them, CityFibre will turn up to install full fibre without a Wayleave Agreement already in place from my neighbour’s landlord. 
I could be liable for a £110 Engineers Fee, for wasting their time, if this is the case. 

Who do I contact to clarify whether CityFibre have received any correspondence from my neighbour’s landlord?

Thanks,

A

@Miss_Ann_Throp wrote:
I can almost guarantee, despite my best attempts to stop them, CityFibre will turn up to install full fibre without a Wayleave Agreement already in place from my neighbour’s landlord. 

I could be liable for a £110 Engineers Fee, for wasting their time, if this is the case. 

I'm not sure it's up to you to ensure the wayleave is in place, I would think that is CityFibre's responsibility

Have you spoken with them or taken a look at what it says on their website?

Resident Wayleaves | CityFibre

Wayleaves | CityFibre

Hi Jayach,

Thanks for the links. 
I’ve sent them a message, via those links, a while ago. Though I’m still awaiting a reply. 
Fingers crossed they’ll get back to me soon.

Thanks again,

A

Ripshod

It is Cityfibre's responsibility to deal with the wayleave. If an engineer turns up and discovers the work can't be completed then they (Cityfibre) will have to accept it - no charges to you.

Are there telegraph poles near you? That would provide an easy alternative to Cityfibre as Openreach now allow them access to infrastructure.

Hi Ripshod,

Unfortunately this is likely to be the second time it’s happened as I tried to upgrade nearly six months ago, without success. 

Sadly, there are no telegraph poles in this area. All cabling is buried, which isn’t much fun when the local foxes dig up the garden and chew through the phone lines. (Yep, that actually happened!) :Sad_face:

Thanks for the suggestion,

A

If they do sort out the permissions then it may be worth trying to get VF to tell the installers to use protected cables. They normally blow the fibre through ducting anyway.