Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Missing content on Netflix

halfwave
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm on Vodafone superfast 2 , with no problems other than Netflix, I cannot see some of the films that a neighbor who is on Virgin Media can see. The films are missing on both my smart TV and any other devices on my wifi network. But I can see them on my phone when on mobile data. My neighbor is not using any form of VPN. I have turn off all content control on my connection just in case that was blocking it somehow. Has anyone else seen this or has any other suggestions.  

3 REPLIES 3

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's very odd @halfwave 🤔 The first thing I'd ask you to check is that both you and your neighbour are signing into UK versions of Netflix. The service is available world wide and often has different content available to members from different regions. If you are both connected to an account based in the same region, you'll need to check you've not got any parental settings added on your Netflix account as this will affect the titles you're able to see. Netflix also tailors the shows highlighted to you based on the shows you've watched previously, have you looked for the titles by searching them? If your unsure how to search titles, just navigate to the magnifying glass to the left of your Netflix home screen on your TV. You may also want to check your TV has the most up to date version of the app installed. If you're still unable to see these titles, try logging out and back into your account on your TV to see if this refreshes the content available. If none of these steps help, try adding one to your to watch list through the app on your phone, log back into your account on your TV and see if the title is visible in your to watch list there.

betulesma
1: Seeker

Hi there, I have no clue if you’re still an active user as you posted this 2 years ago but i’m currently experiencing the same problem RE missing content on netflix when connected to the wifi, but it then appaearing when i use my 4G. 

Were you ever able to fix this or did the wifi fix itself ?

thanks !

Hi, this problem lasted for several weeks maybe months and it was intermittent. Sometime I could see all the programs and then some would disappear. This was most obvious in my ‘continue watching’ section were series I was halfway though watching would disappear from my list. I spoke to Netflix and they suggested that the problem was with my broadband ISP Vodafone and that I should contact them about the problem. I think it took about three separate calls to Vodafone and in the end they gave me a fixed ip address, I not sure if that fixed the problem straight away but as far as I can tell I do now get the full UK content and have no other problems. Hope this helps ..