Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

RED light on router , no connection please read

AHZ0406
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, 

Yesterday at around 11pm a tree had fallen in my street it was next to the telegraph pole. The tree has since been picked up really quickly at around 3am  , following this the overhead cables dropped to the ground and since then most of the neighbours have had no internet . 

I reported to Vodafone in the early hours of the morning via the site then rang up at around 9am as did the neighbours , while I was reporting this to the agent they had advised me to pin reset the ont box which was then and still is now only displaying two lights  green Power & Ethernet light . I had explained to this to the agent and said to them the overhead cable which was connected to the brown box outside that connects to the ont inside has a cable that has completely become disconnected from the overhead cable and has since been collected by openreach as it was a obstruction for oncoming cars . But the agent still wanted me to do the ont reset which of course I did at the time.

Cityfibre had arrived around 3/4 pm today , and said they can’t complete the job and it will need to be passed to a different team.

I’ve spoken to Vodafone support throughout today , all the agents have been getting me to do this is ONT reset. But the thing I don’t understand is how can this be a solution given the situation. 

Vodafone is sending me backup 4g device with a SIM card but most of my stuff is connected via Ethernet , will that still work for Ethernet or is that only for WiFi?

thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@AHZ0406 The 4G SIM device plugs into the router and connects to Vodafone that way.

Thank you for your reply , will that work as a WiFi connection only or Ethernet as well ?

Cynric

@AHZ0406 The router will work on both like normal but slowly compared to normal. It should be a similar speed to downloads to your mobile phone.