Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

THG 3000 Lite / Lack of VPN?

Br04dB4ndAl
4: Newbie

Hi,

I just received my new THG 3000 Router  following an upgrade but notriced on the order paperwork it's designated "Lite".

Does this mean there are versions and I've received the cheaper one?

Also, why is it run by Vodafone Firmware? I understaood this was supposed to be a highly capable top of the line Router yet it doesn't even have a built in VPN  - essential for security cameras to avoid being hacked ( the alternative is to port forward which = free hacking for everyone on your network and botted cameras).

Given the prevalence of CCTV cameras these days in people's home, you'd have though that Vodafone would have included a VPN facility in their router (I'm gueessing the aprent router it's based on has one), unless of course there is a non "Lite" version and I got the crappy one.

51 REPLIES 51

vondes
4: Newbie

Remember that the availability of features can vary between router models, and not all routers, even high-end ones, may include certain features like built-in VPN support. If security is a top priority for your CCTV cameras, consider external solutions such as setting up a dedicated VPN server or using a separate VPN device on your network.

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@vondes  You are responding to a "dead" thread.

Moderator please watch. Looks like an A.I. edit.