Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Third party router install issues- help please

CazzA-
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am a Superfast 2 customer 

had connection issues with Vodafone hub - engineer visited tweaked some things and left still dropping out but we have smart devices everywhere so I figured maybe it’s the amount of devices so I purchased a Deco 6e AXE5400 XE75 Wi-Fi mesh system with 3 pods.

I have my username and password from Vodafone so start set up. 
upon setting up the deco goes red (no internet connection) also to mention its set up with an openreach modem. 

I’ve spent hours on the phone to Vodafone and TP-Deco and I’m drained from being told it’s the other companies fault. 
So I have a Netgear X6 nighthawk handy so I figured if I have the same issues with that then it’s definitively a Vodafone issue. They are adamant the credentials I was given on many occasions are still the same. 
Help from anyone that knows would be greatful before I give up and send it back. Never had this with another ISP I’m certain to leave when my contract ends if this isn’t resolved.

I have tried 2 separate modems, 2 third party routers and now at a loss 

Deco tell me if I can get my Netgear to work I can MAC CLONE to the Deco. 

I spoke with a lovely lady in technical support but she’s sure I’ve got the right details

4 REPLIES 4

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

You say "modem" but did you mean ONT?

It's ofter the case that CS will give you only partial details. The username should be in the format dslxxxxxxx@broadband.vodafone.co.uk. It's also often the case that errors get into the details - 'l' look like '1'etc so contact them again to check your details using the link at the end of this post and copy/paste the details into a text file.

If you' re on openreach there's no vlanid to set. 

https://vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd 

• Yes I meant ONT 
  • I’ve had the username and password sent to me several times they are all correct according to Vodafone 
  • the only way I can get the Deco6e to connect to the internet is by connecting to the Vodafone hub but I don’t want that
  • ive tried turning VLAN off also aswell as on same results

Ripshod

See how you go with the Nighthawk even if it's to prove the settings you've been given work or not. 

Jayach

I'm still little confused. You say you have tried 2 different modems, but then you say you meant ONT.

Are you on FTTP or FTTC?

Edit: and if it is FTTP is it Openreach or CityFibre?