Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Very slow Full fibre 500 evenings

sansoa
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My FTTP connection has recently become very slow in the evening. Last night download of 1.7Mb/s!

Any one have any idea how to sort this?

Vodafone do not seem to understand (or choose not to appreciate) that the problem occurs in the evening not during the day. Presumably this is a congestion issue, if so then there seems to be little point in Vodafone remotely messing about with the router firmware / settings.

3 REPLIES 3

Janey

Hi @sansoa Thanks for your post! It's important you're getting the most from your broadband connection so we'd love to help. When the issue arises, I'd recommend running a Broadband Service Test online from your My Vodafone account. It'll check the status of your connection and provide the next steps. If an issue is found then a ticket will be raised to our Tech Team. If you'd prefer to speak with someone, the Broadband Tech Team are ready to help on 191 free from a Vodafone mobile or 03333 040 191 from any other phone, they're available 8am-10pm Monday to Friday and 8am-8pm Saturday to Sunday. 

donelson52
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Since I got Fibre 500 last November, the performance of all services shows far more lag before data is served. I have tested this and complained repeatedly. The problem is NOT ENOUGH servers at the head end, I suspect (after 55 yrs in the computer business including 10 yrs at MIT). But that costs money, so I suspect it will not be fixed. Service on streaming video is WORSE than with copper twisted pair. Shameful

Ripshod
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

More likely the problem is routing, as that's Vodafone's biggest failure.

Run a traceroute to bbc.com and post the results, and we'll see what's happening.