Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Broadband Equipment question

abductedcraig01
3: Seeker

Hi,

I'm due to be connected to VF BB in about a week's time.

I took out the Full Fibre 900 package £31

It comes with the THG 3000 Router as standard.

Can anyone help me with a few questions I have regarding the Equipment  ....

Would the newer Ultra WiFi 6E Router and Boosters work on this package?

I did ask VF Chat help and they said yes it would work, and gave me my login details to use with it.

But,  I'm not sure they understood what I was asking, So thought I would double check here.

Also the WiFi back up box is that unlocked to any network. If it's not, could I use the Box with a VF SIM card if I bought one?

Basically Im wondering if I could buy an Ultra Router 6E, Booster, and WiFi Box from eBay and use them on the Full Fibre 900 ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

39 REPLIES 39

I am pleasantly surprised with the Power Hub to be honest. I'm on my second day of using it, finding fast speeds around the house in all rooms and haven't had any dropouts, the booster is a 6e but it's smaller than the one that comes with the Ultra Hub. 

Yes it's accessible just put a pin in the sim removal slot

Razordogz just out of interest do you know if they are unlocked to any network or only VF?

I've not looked into that side to be honest but I'm guessing it's locked to VF - if I get chance later I'll try My Asda sim in it which still uses VF network 

The Asda SIM will work even if the box is locked to VF since the Asda SIM more or less is a VF SIM 

I couldn't get connected for some reason although it was an Asda sim but I was running the Ultra Hub as a slave router whether that makes a difference I'm unsure 

Actually now I think about it I'll walk you through it - connected ultra hub to pc logged into router and changed local IP and turned DHCP off - connected hub to my network and matched the SSID for WiFi now my merged 2.4ghz and 5ghz display a 6 in the network connection on my android phone. I took asda sim out of my phone and insert it in the vodafone square box thing I turn the wifi off on android phone and can't turn mobile data on as no sim in phone - I think I'm overlooking something basic- I'm over thinking here - guidance needed 😆 ... brain cell has left the chat 🤣

dksglen

How and where do you enter the details you were given by vodafone? The broadband app which controls the ultra hub? 

The details must have been sent down the line when the router was first plugged in. 

It rebooted a number of times and then the details were there.

Razordogz
4: Newbie

I'm on the full fibre 900 as well, I purchased a Pro II package from eBay this had the Ultra Hub, booster and the wifi backup sim box thing. I plugged the router in and connected to the router from my phone to change the WiFi passwords to my old password from the THG3000. All good - however every 20 minutes the Ultra Hub has a blue flashing light, then it goes red and then back to solid white.

So fed up of the Ultra Hub I've gone back to the thg3000 but with the Ultra Hub I was able to get nearly 500mbps upload and download speeds on my Galaxy A52s 5G - now I did contact VF support and although it's Vodafkne equipment because I didn't buy it from them direct they refused point blank to help with the Ultra Hub unless I agreed to a new BB deal at £38 a month on which they'll issue me a Ultra Hub - the guy was a bit surprised I purchased one from ebay as 1 it's property of Vodafone and should be returned and 2 the Ultra Hub is supposed to stop working once the contract has expired I found that a little odd to be honest