Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Super WiFi booster second booster issue

kelliott1
4: Newbie

I signed up to Pro broadband to make use of boosters as I have area of house with no WiFi coverage.

First booster added. All ok but still not providing full coverage.

Here I get a second booster and connected it to the first booster, was ok for few weeks but then the second booster started disconnecting, since this started it has been impossible to get stable connection from second booster. Reviewing the Super WiFi in the app I realise the second booster connects direct back to the router with an extremely weak connection rather than connect to the first booster as it should. Resetting, swapping boosters does nothing, adding booster does nothing. Seems impossible in the app to connect it back to first booster.

Called the apparent experts... After 2 hours, the expert just decided to send a new router.

New router installed, boosters reset and reconnected... 2 hours in and the second booster starts to disconnect and again it connects to the router directly.

It seems when this happens it is impossible to have the boosters connected to each other, they both just connect direct to the router..

Also booster 2 just shows greyed out in the app and not able to delete it..

So I'm left with booster 2 just disconnecting and causing my devices a poor connection.

Tried moving second booster around and no joy.

I'm at the conclusion:

1) Super WiFi may be ok with single booster but seriously flawed with a second booster, I've now switched it off

2) the super WiFi app is extremely basic, limited, slow and unable to delete old data

3) experts... Can't offer anything other than resetting the device...

4) once second booster drops connection impossible to get it back connected to first booster..

I'm at a loss....

47 REPLIES 47

Lee1976uk2
3: Seeker

I have the same issue. I spoke to the experts and apparently they dont talk to each other! Whats the point of the boosters, if they dont boost the signal. 

I too find the app very limited. Needs to be more options. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Lee1976uk2 wrote:

I spoke to the experts and apparently they dont talk to each other!

Is that the Boosters or the Wi-Fi Xperts that don't talk to each other?

Either way, as is usual with Vodafone, you are likely to get a different story depending on who you speak to.

Agree. They script read until run out then probably start guessing. Either way they have a problem that they have no idea to fix

Jayach

@kelliott1

Interestingly, your findings are almost identical to a post from earlier this week, so you're not alone.

Super Wifi Boosters Keep Resetting - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

Thanks. Seems no resolution to this one. 

When you spoke to the Xspurts, did they talk to you about optimal placing - I know you've tried moving them around!

If the devices are not in a line, then you'll want to place the booster roughly at the halfway point between the router and the furthest point you need to cover.  If they are in a rough line, then change those distances so each device covers roughly a third...  It does though sound as though there is a problem with the "boosters".

*I'm assuming this is an old and very solid house.  Third-party routers can sometimes perform better, though I have to admit that I do have a horizontally polarized directional antenna mounted on my router so that it can connect to the remote security cam mounted on the garage at the end of the garden.

Thanks.  I have tried moving them around, but the main issue is that i can't get the second booster to connect back to the first booster. It is quite impossible..  so i need to get this to happen before placing them really. 

Just seems they are crap product and probably i need to invest in a proper decent product. 

Yes, seems a crap product with probably very little testing and not prepared to do anything. I might call them that they can't guarantee WiFi

rafaelrodriguez

Exactly the same issue. A bit of false advertising it they claim full coverage and then the equipment can't comply