Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

When you suddenly reevaluate your life choices

Zdeanzo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So one of my children spilt a cup of water upstairs and it went into the light socket, triggering the RCD to tip for my house’s power. Took me a while to work out the issue. But once i worked it out and dried out the fixing and my power was back. Unfortunately my internet didn’t come back with it.

Pretty soon there was a chorus of Alexa’s booming the message that they have no internet. It was a bit big brother to be honest. So I pop onto the painful experience of going through the Vodafone chat help. After an hour or two I was told that it would be back in 24 hours.

of course it wasn’t, so i go though the pain again, only for it to get escalated to the second level. But I wold have to wait until the next day. (This morning). So I called the reference number this morning, and actually managed to speak to someone. It was amazing, and she was very helpful and polite. Unfortunately she could not solve the issue so it has now been raised to the third level.

However i now have to wait another 24 hours, after spending hours trying to get my internet connection back. And no doubt racking up an expensive phone bill.

ive taken the time to reflect on how dependent we are for internet now. want to listen to music, well Alexa is dumb when she can’t phone home. TV same story, firestick won’t even load the homepage without the internet. My smartlightbulbs are really dumb currently.

even the dam kids staged a protest with signs in all about thier right to get online! 😑

my hone network works fine, I can see the public IP address assigned to the router but alas no communication passes through. I can’t ping 8.8.8.8. Internally my network is fine and the DHCP server and the switch part of the router it working without issue. 

im seriously worried this household will soon result in anarchy. The kids are starting to riot. And the wife can’t watch Eastenders when she wants. I actually had to get off the sofa and put a blue-ray in the PlayStation to buy myself some some time yesterday.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Truly an unfortunate accident indeed @Zdeanzo 

Is it the Broadband Team you spoken to vua the number in Vodafone Broadband Team in Broadband-and-Home-Phone-FAQs  ? What have they advised maybe happening as a direct result of the water incident. If connected to it at all.

Have they had you resetting things ?

I agree as a people we are way too reliant on technology. Me included as well as my partner and grown up children and one of my Granddaughters who seems to be permanently attached to her iPhone  !

Once while I was at work everyone on a certain network lost connection and boy it was like a disaster had occurred leaving those people left in tech limbo ! 

No Google search to tell them what to do 🤣

My household does not have smart tech like bulbs but I do have an alexa and a Google Home Mini which I would miss if they went down.

As for the TV how would I cope without SkyQ , really.

In all seriousness I hope things get back online for you ASAP and if you feel the need perhaps contact the Vodafone Social Media Team's … Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I think it was the boradband team, she was a second line member anyways.

yeah, I had to reset the router several times speaking to each of the members. Which makes things a pain as I rename the devices on the network and change the default ssid name and password. Resetting the router through all of that out the window each time.

Apparently switching the power off and on repeatedly reset the configuration of the router, or so I was told by the first line support. Which makes sense as I was trying to reset the RCD without knowing about the flood in the light fitting.

she said that she corrected this though. And even before this incident I would occasionally have issues where I was told that I didn’t have an IP address according to the routers status page. But this usually fixed itself in a day. 

still the children have discovered those things in their rooms that they haven’t used in a long time... I think they are called toys and comics.