Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigacube speeds are abysmally low - DO NOT PURCHASE

dist21
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I live in Reading in England, in the centre and I have had the Gigacube for over two years and this community needs to know that it is not a reliable long term solution. I was at first happy with the speeds but MANY times the device speeds would drop very low (<1mb) and make it impossible to download a song, a movie, watch anything on Youtube or Netflix.

I have been on calls many times with Vodafone representatives and IT guys, pretty much always asking the same questions with little to no relevance to my case. I have become an expert and know their script better than them. 

Let me tell you the truth: Most of them don't know any better than you. you have spent hours on forums looking at similar situations and finding solutions, they have been trained 5 mins on a script!

This is how it goes:

- They proceed with asking you your postcode: You think they will use some fancy internal tool that specifies status of the network but no... It is a page you can consult yourself: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

- Then where your Gigacube is located (if you have had good download speeds in the past and it's located near a window  all of this is of course is irrelevant but the goal for them is for you to think you're being taken care of)

- They will ask if you have tried reset, then factory reset (which btw will reset your WIFI password to its original number, so if you have more than 10 devices at home connected you may wanna rethink this useless step)

- Then they will ask you to have a look at the SIM, remove and plug back, try the SIM in another device...

There are many other steps here and I could not be bothered to write them all down...

After all these steps you will be given very fortunate, completely fabricated answers "pole damaged" "maintenance taking place" "busy time in the day" (which btw should not even be an excuse, if there is more traffic then add antennas!)

They want you to believe in their marketing around their download and upload speeds but you should stay away. Once you are contracted, they have you and you will never be able to reach anyone competent to fix any of your problems (like most providers I am sure, but I have had my fill of the Vodafone way).

1 REPLY 1

Charlotte

Hello, @dist21. I hope you're well. It's disappointing to hear about the ongoing problems which you've had with the network and your connection to the Gigacube, and I'm sorry you've had a negative experience when trying to get this resolved. I appreciate that you have been asked to complete troubleshooting previously, but if you reach out to our Social Media Team and link them to this post, they can see the troubleshooting which you've already completed and can complete a deeper investigation, as they have access to more systems than just the Network Status Checker.