Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Current rate/Maximum rate

PatMustard
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, new Vodafone broadband customer here. Just wondered if anyone knows why there’s such a vast difference between my current rate and maximum rate?

94092B4B-B5B4-4371-BB56-793AC15DC2EB.png

5 REPLIES 5

Jayach
16: Advanced member

How new are you? Vodafone will say it takes up to 10 days for the speed to "settle", but personally I've not seen much proof of that.

Your figures are strange because you have a very high SNR on the download, which accounts for the slow speed, but on a line capable of 40+Mbits down I would have thought the upload would have been higher.

I would suggest you ring Vodafone and ask them to check your line out, but I expect they will just give you the usual guff.

Have you transferred to Vodafone from a previous supplier, and if so what did you have with them?

Are you connected direct to the master socket, and if possible can you try in the test socket?

Hi, the Vodafone line was activated on 1st July and I was with plusnet before that, where I got around 32.5 mbps download. 

Yes I’m connected to the master socket  and have also tried the test socket where the results were very similar. 

I did an online support chat and they said they were testing the line but didn’t really say much after that apart from I was being supplied with the minimum guaranteed speed. 

I wonder what would cause the high SNR then, also I’ve read something about resetting the DLM, would that make a difference?

Jayach

There really is no good reason you should get a different speed on Vodafone to that which you had on PlusNet.

Yes a DLM reset would probably get things back to normal, but I have never heard of anyone getting Vodafone to do it.

Raise a complaint. and if they can't resolve it insist on being allowed to leave. (Unless you are in the trial period, in which case leave now) Edit: Just noticed you are over the 14 days.

Ok, thanks for the info. 

Jayach

Forgot the complaint link. Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone