Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Full fibre 900 upload speed capped at 20mb

Xkr900
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Long story short move to a new place 2 years ago and had Vodafone fibre (open reach) 100/20 installed. This week decided to get upgraded to the 900/100. After some days the download speed went up close to around 800Mbps (4ms) but upload speed remains capped at 19-20Mbps. Got in contact with an advisor went through the normal procedures restarting router and the openreach ONT still the same. Got the PPPoE credentials and tried another third party router still the same. So is the cap on the openreach side? Can Vodafone do something to raise it? Or should I just give up and move to another fibre provider (not openreach)?

3 REPLIES 3

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Xkr900 Have you looked in the router logs? What does it show in the router about the connection quality? Have you thought of getting a monitor setup on Think Broadband so you have some evidence to show VF?

Hi @Cynric what should I be looking for in the logs? Didn't know about Think Broadband, thanks for that. Will set a monitor and see what it looks like, but again how will that help me out identify the cause of the capped upload speed?

Cynric

@Xkr900 I don't believe it is "capped" by VF which is why I asked about the logs etc. 

I don't use a VF router, so I'm doing this from memory. In the logs it may be better just to copy a chunk when you know the speed is poor and paste in here. There should also be a network status page in the router.