cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I'm a New Superfast 900mb customer - Hopefully this helps anyone with speed issues.

James3793
4: Newbie

Hey everyone,

I had my Superfast 900MB fitted on Wednesday. Full fiber was finally available in my area so switching from my 30MB connection with BT was a no-brainer.

Once the fiber was fitted, I ran a speed test and was getting roughly 500MB up and down which is stated as being the minimum speed I should expect to receive. Having switched from a 30MB connect, this didn't bother me at all.

Over the last few days, we have had constant WI-FI issues, even with the booster up and running. Our Sky Q box was constantly disconnecting and even if we managed to start watching a show, the quality would dip down constantly and at times, pause completely. I understand this is a known issue with Sky which took me down a bit of a rabbit hole of potential fixes.

I was previously running my BT services through a Netgear RAX70 Nighthawk router which I had put to one side for the time being. My plan was to try and configure this with the Vodafone services in the next few weeks but given the issues we experienced over the last few days, I decided to get this done this morning. I managed to get my service log-in details from Vodafone and followed this really helpful guide.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Gigafast-How-to-Guide-setup-a-Netgear-router...

Anyway, I got everything up and running this morning. Not only has this fixed the WI-FI issues throughout the house as well as the issues with our Sky Q box, we now have more than 900MB download and upload. Nearly double what we were getting with the hardware that Vodafone provided. This might be common knowledge but I found it pretty shocking. I am sure lots of people would never experiment with using third-party routers and feel stuck with the equipment provided. Switching was actually pretty simple and people should try it if they have having similar issues.

0 REPLIES 0