Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet connection poor, slow speed, advice needed

ragnarök
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello.

I have very basic broadband knowledge. For the past 2 weeks my internet connection has been

extremely poor. My download speeds are no more than 1.8Mb/s. Most of the day there will be a flashing red internet light on my hub.

Vodafone sent an open reach engineer last week, from my understanding he was getting readings of 70Mb/s with the equipment he had plugged into the socket. He felt that the router needed replaced as there seem to be an issue with it. I contacted Vodafone who refused to send a router as they believed the issue was due to a faulty line and openreach didn’t do their job correctly. They agreed to send a different engineer the following day who didn’t show up. They now want to send another engineer in 8 days time and still won’t send a router.

I am really confused, mainly due to my disability as I don’t really understand what the fault is. My knowledge surrounding broadband connection is very limited. Am I wrong asking for a new router? Does the issue seem to be a line issue? I have nobody else other than my carer to help. I need the internet to access certain devices to help with my medical needs. I have tried calling numerous times and the online chat but nobody is helping.

Thanks for reading. 

0 REPLIES 0