Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet reliability

HannahA
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We live in a very rural area and are currently with BT. We’re on fibre but can only get speeds  of up to 15mb on a good day. The internet sometimes just drops out completely. When this happens I send a text to BT and incredibly our internet is back up and running within minutes. I’m thinking about switching to Vodafone broadband but I’m worried that when the internet drops out I won’t have the same level of service. I’m also worried that if the speeds are slower then Vodafone will blame open reach, who will blame Vodafone and nothing will get resolved. Has anyone had similar experiences?

4 REPLIES 4

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

If you can get a response in 15 mins from BT, then DO NOT move to Vodafone unless you really want to spend 60mins + listening to Soft Cell's "Youth has gone" everytime you have an issue.

Jayach

I can't imagine what problems you are getting that they can fix in minutes. I suspect the internet would have come back without the text.

But yes, if good support is important to you, you really don't want to come to Vodafone.

I know rural areas are often poorly served for broadband and so are being targeted for FTTP upgrades, so is there any likelihood of that soon? Fibre broadband | Openreach

Also it may be worth checking to see if you are getting the most out of what your line is capable of. You can see what Openreach believe your line capable of here: BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

CrimsonLiar

I just find it ironic that so many companies (including my own employer, and Vodafone at one point) still use the instrumental version of "Youth Has Gone" as their "on hold" music.

Cynric

I think it's because you start the call with support aged 21 and when it is fixed you will have just had your 60th birthday bash 🙂