Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blocking out going calls

Smoggie
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I'm wanting to block all out going calls from my landline, how can this be done?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Looking at the Vodafone Support pages etc I can't see an obvious way.

Vodafone Home Phone Pdf. 

But to make sure I'd suggest to speak with the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they'll offer further support.

Or call 08080 034 515  (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.

Broadband-and-Home-Phone-FAQs. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Spoke to the social media team , still no reply after 8 days

Asked when calling about when my landline number would port over from my previous isp, they had no idea what what was on about

Both my previous isp have done this with no issues, just simply blocked any outgoing calls being made, and both isps have been on a bt line (BT and Plusnet)

BandOfBrothers

Try the phone number for the Broadband Team @Smoggie 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It was the broadband team I spoke to

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Smoggie, I can see we spoke to you about blocking the outgoing calls on your landline and advised that unfortunately this isn't a service we offer. I can understand your disappointment about this, we'll be sure to feed it back to our Products team for you. If this situation changes, this option will be listed on our the Home phone features page of our website.

Of course I'm disappointment, as if the landline gets used I'm going to have to pay for it, for more than 3 years I've not had to pay for an outgoing call and have managed all outgoing called  blocked so the landline doesn't get abused and it ends up with sky high bills, but suddenly this from happening on Vodafone who uses the same line as BT and Plusenet who don't have it as a feature.

Other than binning the phone and cutting off people who do actually phone the landline, I now know who to hold liable if my landline bill does now sky rocket, all because Vodafone doesn't have it as a feature, well guess what, make it a f**king feature so all Vodafone customers have this option.

Any yes I'm not happy at all. 

I came here to find out if, when outgoing calls were blocked, emergency numbers were still allowed. I am very disappointed to find out Vodafone don’t allow outgoing call barring at all. It seems ridiculous when BT and even the Post Office do.
I’m interested you say Plusnet offer it as when I spoke to them today they said they do not.

I have a holiday let business and need to have a landline for emergency use and incoming calls but do not want to allow outgoing as the costs would be huge. It’s very shortsighted of companies not to offer this option.