Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Caller Id and Permanent number conceal

Hampshireboy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Is it true that on a landline, you can have either caller id active OR permanent number conceal active, but not both ?

9 REPLIES 9

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Don't know if it is true or not, but it seem a little unfair to want to know who is calling you, but you don't want others to have the same privilege,

Why is it unfair. 

We're ex directory and don't want our landline passed on to all and sundry, which has happened since we joined vodafone. We also like to see who's calling before we decide to answer. Its called security.

We were with plusnet before moving to vodafone in February. Plusnet can do it, but appears vodafone can't. Maybe vodafone should stick to mobiles and leave landlines to those who know what they're doing.

Jayach

@Hampshireboy wrote:

Why is it unfair. 

We're ex directory and don't want our landline passed on to all and sundry, which has happened since we joined vodafone. We also like to see who's calling before we decide to answer. Its called security.

That's why it's unfair. What about all the other people who want to see who is calling before they answer.

You want to see who calls before you answer, but you want to deny that ability to others.

And yet Vodafone, and all other providers, provide the means to do it, as well as caller id.

Yet Vodafone are the only ones who can do both together.

I dont care if someone doesn't want to answer my call if they dont know whos calling.

You clearly dont know the answer, so please dont reply again.

Jayach

Fortunately I can answer all I like. You wont get an answer from Vodafone on here,

You have a choice, participate in CLI or don't. The choice is yours. Perhaps you should have stayed with PlusNet.

Bet you changed to save a few pennies.

Still haven't found the attention you're seeking ?

Clearly won't get any sensible answer from any members either.

I don't give a ##~## what you think, and i'll be leaving Vodafone in the next few weeks. Thankfully i'll no longer have to deal with [Removed] like you either.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Cynric

.@Hampshireboy

Throwing your toys into low-earth orbit is not going to encourage people to help.

The help that I have been given in this Forum has saved me time and effort, even when I had started off with preconceptions. 

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Hampshireboy 👋 Both these options are individually available to you as far as I'm aware. If you'd like to find out if you can use both at the same time. I'd recommend that you reach out to our dedicate Home Phones team by calling  08080 034 515. You can also find out more information to get started with your home phone – and learn how to get the most from its handy features here 

Jayach

If you do try to enable it you get the message;

Sorry you can't add 'Permanent Number Conceal ' online

To add this product please call: 0800 8700 191

So try that.