Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Transferring landline number when moving house

Ludybear
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I moved house in October 2020 and contacted Vodafone to move my fibre broadband and landline number to my new address. On moving in the broadband was connected on the planned date and the landline had a dial tone, so all seemed well.

Over the next 3 months though we didn't receive any calls on our landline other than cold calls, and friends / family mentioned that they hadn't been able to get through on our transferred number. So i dialled 17070 to see what was going on and what our landline number was, and it wasn't the number i transferred but a new one.

Over the last month i've had 2 long online chats and one long call to customer services who assure me each time that there was an error transferring the number, but it has been corrected and resubmitted and that my transfer will take place in 3 days time. Each time this fails to happen and I have to ring up and go through it all again.

I'm 99% sure that I know why it's not working, and it's because i've moved area code so i don't think it's technically possible to move my number due to it being a different exchange. I've mentioned this each time on the phone but am assured it's possible and will be transferred imminently.

I've got to the stage where i don't actually care if it's not possible to transfer the number anymore as it's been 4 months since anyone's been able to use the number anyway! All i want is confirmation that transfer is not possible and for my account to updated with the new number, so i can let people know how to contact me and move on!

Customer services and the transfer department keep assuring me it is in hand, but I don't think it is!!!

Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You may have hit the nail on the head with your own idea to what's happened @Ludybear 

You could engage with the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Facebook and Twitter who maybe able to help. Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Or call 08080 034 515  (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.

Broadband-and-Home-Phone-FAQs. 

Vodafone Home-Moves. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply I might have to try that, the online chat and complaints line just keep going through the same script.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Ludybear 

Let us know how you get on please.

🤞

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.