Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Landline not accepting incoming calls

lukxee
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

About a few months ago or so we switched my elderly nan from Virgin Media to Vodafone FTTP. With this the old phone lines were deactivated and the landline was switched to VOIP where the phones get plugged into the router. The issue with this is we haven’t been able to call her number from other phone networks, it only seemingly works with numbers on the same account. After looking on the forum there seems to be no answers with the only proposed solution being to change the number. I cannot stress enough how this would not be possible as lots of family and friends rely on this phone to check up on her. We also live about an hour away so it’s not possible to easily access the router physically. Calling vodafone gets us nowhere as they just say it’s fine or that the database has already been updated.

5 REPLIES 5

Lucy_F

Hi @lukxee sorry to hear this trouble you're facing. When switching the broadband service, did you port the landline over? If so, have you spoken to our Broadband Support Teams regarding a potential split port issue, or an incomplete port? Our Broadband Team are here to help with any concerns via 03333040191 or Live Chat. 

Hi Lucy, thanks for the reply. To be honest, when switching over we didn't do anything manually we only cancelled the previous Virgin Media contract and took out a new one with Vodafone. With that an engineer came out and switched the property to a Fibre connection and plugged everything in including the landline to the router. If there's something we need to do either on the router or with yourselves please let us know as the support team we speak to are unhelpful saying that it should work.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@lukxee 

Are you saying no one can call your nan, or that some networks can, but not others.

If the latter, then as @Lucy_F says you probably have an incomplete or split port. (port being the term for moving a phone number from one network to another)

Contact Vodafone either by phone or live chat and report it, they should know how to deal with it.

Correct, me and my mother can and when vodafone support try they can aswell but my brother who is on a different network and other family members cannot. Thanks for the response, I’ll let the account holder know and see if Vodafone can help. 

Jayach

When contacting Vodafone, it may be helpful to tell them which networks can't call.